Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween ....

In the back of a jacked up tailgate. Sittin' 'round watchin' all these pretty things.

Default Halloween ....

Is just not the same anymore, 1 set of kids in 2hrs, and what the hell is with the 2 hr deal? I remember starting just before dark and warpping up about 9-9:30 and having more candy then we knew what to do with an thats comming home and going back out again.. What the hell is going on!!
    "BUILT not BOUGHT"

95 F250 4x4 12"s of lift on 38s
    Cummins swap someday

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a complete monster!

Denis Diderot

I had about 500-600 Kids in 2 hours at some points you couldnt walk on the sidewalks, It was awsome
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
    Is just not the same anymore, 1 set of kids in 2hrs, and what the hell is with the 2 hr deal? I remember starting just before dark and warpping up about 9-9:30 and having more candy then we knew what to do with an thats comming home and going back out again.. What the hell is going on!!
    I agree...
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

alot of houses by me had signs up "no trick or treating on sunday"
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

I was moving the trailer lastnihgt at about 6 pm.

It was busy by my rents house maybe 200-300 kids on the block at once. In other areas of the city It was a ghost town, literally drove up and down three of four blocks an seen maybe 3 kids.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

I had roughly a dozen kids over 2 hours. And then a knock on the door at 10:40PM(?). I left the pumpkin lit, but the porch litght was out. WTF?

It was dead in Allen Park. Maybe 30 kids from 5pm-9pm... It used to be jam packed when I was a trick or treater through the 90s and early into the 2000s. My grandpa lives in southgate in a nice newer subdivision, and they bus the kids in from detroit and rouge to the "rich" neighborhoods.. He didnt pass out candy this year because of that.

Most of the people i know stopped passing out candy when the hood rats started coming to the suburbs the past few years. They never say thank you, they usually come back for 2nds and 3rds and most of the time their costumes are just masks and street clothes.

A few years back i remember a few local kids got beat up and their candy taken by the older wanna be thug kids. I guess it all adds up and people unfortunately just don't see Halloween like they used to.
    Mike

I came home Saturday night and found my neighbor and 3 of his friends running across my front lawn back to his house. They threw TP on my front porch. It was honestly harmless fun and i laughed pretty hard watching them run away when my truck pulled up my driveway. I get out and go up on my porch and i see 4 heads peaking over his moms Jeep, lol. So i decided to do what any rational young adult would do in my case. I go inside, go in my fridge and grab a carton of eggs..... I proceed outside to assault them and as i start throwing eggs his mom comes out..... so i egged her also! LOL..... Little did i know she had already supplied her son and his 3 friends with what seemed like and endless supply of eggs Moral of my story, dont fuck with your 11 year old neighbor and his friends all year and expect them not to ever get you back. I got covered head to toe in yolk by them, haha. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Justindwright View Post
    It was dead in Allen Park. Maybe 30 kids from 5pm-9pm... It used to be jam packed when I was a trick or treater through the 90s and early into the 2000s. My grandpa lives in southgate in a nice newer subdivision, and they bus the kids in from detroit and rouge to the "rich" neighborhoods.. He didnt pass out candy this year because of that.
    I had about 400-500 kids by me in Allen Park.
    The biggest thing that frustrates me, is the older kids that would walk up, no costume, with a backpack, turn around and dont say anything just expect candy to be put in their backpack.
    Thats not the spirit of halloween.

Thread Information