Thread: Need a good body shop recommendation...

Default Need a good body shop recommendation...

My girl's car got hit while it was parked on Halloween. Lucky for her, the guy actually stuck around and gave his insurance info and called the police to file a report, so his insurance is covering everything.

I need a good body shop recommendation. We live in Dearborn, near Pelham and Outer drive/Telegraph and Carlysle.

When I had work on my Z28 done in 2004, I had it done at Schrader on tele and ford. They did an absolutely awful job. Paint under the passenger door was runny and thick, and everything they painted flaked off the plastic, and the metal that they painted flaked off and rusted. It was truly awful work, I have never known of a body shop being so terrible and I don't want her car to have the same issues I had. Also, when I picked it up the interior was covered in white dust from sanding the paint. The car looked like crap and they had it for weeks.

I need a good body shop that will do a good job of prepping it so her paint doesn't flake off and the color matches well.

He has AAA and they gave her a list of shops:
    Pat Milliken Ford
    snethkamp jeep
    heritage collission on middlebelt
    village ford
    gordon chevrolet on Ford rd.

Anything good on that list? Or any other shop you can recommend that will be fully covered by AAA and do quality work?

Any big named dealership should be fine. I've used Bill Wink and Lafontaine with great results.

EDIT- BTW I did my insurance claim through AAA two times and used Bill Wink Chevrolet for both. They did a pretty good job. One of the times my car got keyed, spoiler included. I happened to have an OEM SS spoiler that I asked them to paint and throw on since they were painting the whole car anyway. They gave me some shit about it and the paint didn't look that great on the spoiler. The rest of the car looked good, but I don't know if they were pissed about doing it or what.
    Last edited by 99slverZ; 11-08-2010 at 09:12 PM.

'94 Mustang GT-Turbo- SOLD
    '96 Cobra- Procharged
    '99 Z28- 501rwhp N/A
    2011 Impala

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    Any big named dealership should be fine. I've used Bill Wink and Lafontaine with great results.

EDIT- BTW I did my insurance claim through AAA two times and used Bill Wink Chevrolet for both. They did a pretty good job. One of the times my car got keyed, spoiler included. I happened to have an OEM SS spoiler that I asked them to paint and throw on since they were painting the whole car anyway. They gave me some shit about it and the paint didn't look that great on the spoiler. The rest of the car looked good, but I don't know if they were pissed about doing it or what.
    Ok, she's taking it to Gordon Chevrolet, hopefully it works out.

I've dealt with Gordon, but many years ago. She should be fine.

Thread Information