Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets talk Motor Plates

there all good i think i have a upr one and its nice

Depending on class requirements, you may need a ring gear shield. If your running all sfi approved items, the ultra bell will help with meeting those requirements.
    Personally I prefer mid plates because the aliment is more accurate. As far as a stock 400 bell housing goes for strength, Ive never seen one break from hp. I supply transmissions to some 25+ monster trucks that have anywhere from 1500-2000hp, not to mention 12,000 lbs (which is much harder on parts than any drag race car that's 2500-3500 lbs) and believe me, if the car is assembled correctly it will not break from hp.
    Running a ultrabell with no machining is ok for strictly a drag race car (a car that runs some 90 seconds per pass), but for a dd or with heavy street usage, the bell should be mated to the block for proper alignment (especially blocks that have been line bored-crank is moved up further into the block). This prevents excessive wear on the pump and converter hub, with both eventually lead to leakage.
    Note: the skinny kid mid plates have longer tabs than other mid plates.

I have the SKRC plates in my sbc stang. No complaints

Ended up going with SKRC plates its at TeamZ now getting them installed and my headers done. Pics when its done in my project thread

I saw the car at Team Z yesterday, looks clean!

Thanks joe coming from you means a lot. It needs to see some sun light though. Guy i got it from had it in a barn for about 7 years. Been in my garage for a little over a year i think. Hoping for end of this summer or next spring. Just wish i had the spare cash to have Dave redo my cage just isn't in the budget yet

Don't forget the most important thing when doing plates...a engine limiter is a critical part the motor plates only control side to side movement so without a engine limiter when u launch the car the. The motor and trans is going to head towrds the rear of. The car

Quote Originally Posted by 408cleveland 88 gt View Post
    Don't forget the most important thing when doing plates...a engine limiter is a critical part the motor plates only control side to side movement so without a engine limiter when u launch the car the. The motor and trans is going to head towrds the rear of. The car
    If you buy the SKRC motor plates as a kit it comes with an engine limiter.

Thread Information