Thread: 95 mustang t5 trans mount: brands and opinions ? what did you go with ?

Default 95 mustang t5 trans mount: brands and opinions ? what did you go with ?

doing a motorsport driveshaft because the CV's on my stocker are blown out. thinking of doing an energy suspension trans mount too while Im under there. any opinions ?
    2016 Fusion Titanium with a few things done

King of Bling.....Bitches!!! 2fastturbos's Avatar

If you do a polyurethane trans mount, i would recommend also doing the motor mounts too. I have seen transmissions crack because the motor mounts are too flexible allowing the motor to "move" around. When there is no give in the trans mount, it usually doesn't end up good. just my opinion.
    Michael Pinkowski A.K.A "Mini Mike"
    Moran Motorsports
    Wired 4 Speed
    MSL racing

My 95 GT came with an aftermarket polyurethane trans mount, but I also have polyurethane engine mounts. Frankly, I don't see what the trans mount gets you. All the axial engine forces are absorbed by the engine mounts. If you don't have poly engine mounts, the only thing the trans mount can do to resist engine force is rely on the strength of its material, and I doubt it's anywhere near strong enough for that. Thus, I think the main thing the trans mount does is give greater rigidity for its location, plus resist forces normal to the axial force (which is what, gravity?). I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think an aftermaket t5 mount amounts to much.

...except transmit vibrations better. I forgot to add that.

Thread Information