Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1993 LX , Rear Swaybar for Drag Racing ?

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    Your nuts. The ass end of the car would be all over the place as soon as you hit the gas.

--Joe
    My Ranger with a 393 windsor hooked awsome and went straight with no swaybars on It.

Quote Originally Posted by Billydroveit View Post
    I've been 1.40 without a rear sway bar or anti roll bar. And i drive the car on teh street doesn't bother me a bit. I used to leave my rear sway bar on, but i took it off just to see what the difference was...there was none.

Here's mine 1.41 60' in that pic leaving on the trans brake and spray. Goes down the track at 128 with no issues.
    its rolling over. the factory bar would help. also makes it more consistent
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I took it off on my 91 vert Put it right back on. I noticed a difference street driving with it off the car swayed a lot more out back. Front was off as well on that car.

Quote Originally Posted by 1nine84GT View Post
    My Ranger with a 393 windsor hooked awsome and went straight with no swaybars on It.
    Your Ranger also has leaf springs.....different story.

--Joe

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    its rolling over. the factory bar would help. also makes it more consistent
    This much i know. I'm just answering the OP's question. I noticed NOTHING different in street driving or track launches with or without it.

I know an antiroll bar will help and fix this launch issue. but the rear sway bar didn't stop this issue AT ALL. But a 1.40 in the 60' twisted up looks cool! not...I need an antiroll bar. and even when i put on e on it YOU DON"T DRIVE WITH IT HOOKED UP....so you're back to having NO sway bar at all! I've driven many cars without a front or rear, and have never had an issue with handeling...and yes i've driven mine at 65 on the freeway. The slicks make it worse than not having a swaybar. These cars aren't top heavy so the "sway" isn't bad specially if the car is a little lowered.

So to the OP just take it off, save yourself the 15 pounds and just use your head when driving....no Mario Andretti moves!

Edit: re-read your reply...it's actually more consistant now with it removed..which is why i said it made no difference. Those factory peices have to much compliance to help even a little and based on there placement in the suspension system the fulcrum advantage sucks, so even a huge one wouldn't help that much.

Edit2: disclamer, no ill intent, or combative attitude was intended in this post. Comments are made just for conversaional purposes only, and not meant to be taken as negative, or incite a bashing!
    Last edited by Billydroveit; 12-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.

so there take ur sway bar off and drive it it makes no diffrece my car go down track great with none

I think it depends on the tire you have out back also..I have no bars front or back and run a et street so it does wonder a bit when driving it, I think more from the shitty roads than anything...I dont drive my car much on the street. I also have skinnies on the front.. To be honest my opinion is if you drive it a lot on the street then keep it on...

If you are running stiff enough springs, you can live without an ARB. If your engine puts out a tonne of torque, i would leave it on to keep the car more level.

(btw, Swaybar= Anti roll bar = ARB)

i took mine off of my 79 because the it didnt fit my lower control arms i really didnt notice much of a difference

thanks for the imput

Thread Information