Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to disown your DAD????

Forum Member

Default Is it ok to disown your DAD????

My dad moved to FL, Then today traded in a 2001 dodge cummins 2wd ext cab long bed and a 2007 taurus. For a nissan pathfinder 2011.

I know this sounds like a weird question. But I work for Chrysler for the last 15 years in one way or another. 10 years at a dealer and the last almost 5 for a contract company.

Dad did serve this country for 30+ years and is now a military contract employee. So yes he is a patriot! "Very proud of this"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But so disappointed about a foreign car.

Maybe just venting. Im sure I will get some opinions here.

not sure its worth disowning for... just dont let him park in the driveway when he comes to visit

Who gives a shit where you work. It's his car, not yours. My brother and my dad both bought Nissian's while I was working at Chrysler. I couldn't have cared less. Chrysler products were/are shit and I certainly wouldn't have expected my family to buy them.

The Pathfinder is assembled in Smyrna Tennessee, BTW.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Who gives a shit where you work. It's his car, not yours. My brother and my dad both bought Nissian's while I was working at Chrysler. I couldn't have cared less. Chrysler products were/are shit and I certainly wouldn't have expected my family to buy them.

The Pathfinder is assembled in Smyrna Tennessee, BTW.
    Ford, GM,Chrysler. None of these make any difference to me. Hell I drive a Ford. But BUY AMERICAN is my point. I don't care where its assembled where do company profits go? Nissan will not keep the money here will they. And yes Chrysler has sold out not 1 time but 2. The company headquarters is still here local. Quality we could talk all day about. I was a dealer tech for 10 years " Chrysler ". But all makers can be called shit on 1 level or another. Even the BEST! have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-K View Post
    Ford, GM,Chrysler. None of these make any difference to me. Hell I drive a Ford. But BUY AMERICAN is my point. I don't care where its assembled where do company profits go? Nissan will not keep the money here will they. And yes Chrysler has sold out not 1 time but 2. The company headquarters is still here local. Quality we could talk all day about. I was a dealer tech for 10 years " Chrysler ". But all makers can be called shit on 1 level or another. Even the BEST! have issues.
    The profits go to whoever owns the shares, no matter where the company is headquartered. I would prefer to support companies that provide jobs to Americans, no matter where the "headquarters" are.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    The profits go to whoever owns the shares, no matter where the company is headquartered. I would prefer to support companies that provide jobs to Americans, no matter where the "headquarters" are.
    This.
    I also would like to point out that unless your father did this to spit in your face, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm sure his real reasoning was practical, and it's hard to blame him for that.
    Aside from the above, I find it hard to say anything about not supporting America or American based companies to any fellow veteran - especially one with a full career of service.

In the end, I see nothing wrong with venting. Better to come here and blow off some steam than to ruin a relationship with your dad. Just don't be too hard on him
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

The way I look at it American workers got paid to build that vehicle. Who cares where the Execs live that get the cash later on. If it's built in America by American workers then all the money that matters is staying here. I don't really give a shit about any of the Big 3 big wigs.

How are we all hooked on this " BUY AMERICAN" when these american companies have done nothing but shit on the american public for years ? Why " buy american " ? These same auto companies would move every single job to a foreign company if they could.

And i have to ask, what kind of person disowns their dad over a piece of metal,glass, and plastic ?
    Brian
    87 GN

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK View Post
    How are we all hooked on this " BUY AMERICAN" when these american companies have done nothing but shit on the american public for years ? Why " buy american " ? These same auto companies would move every single job to a foreign company if they could.

And i have to ask, what kind of person disowns their dad over a piece of metal,glass, and plastic ?
    disown was more of a figure of speech. I still love my Dad! Just really not happy. My living for my entire adult life has involved Ford and Chrysler

nissan makes good cars. if dodge and ford had built a better vehicles, then he would have went back for another, for what ever reasons he chose not to. ohh well.

Thread Information