Thread: Strange c-clip eliminator question

Default Strange c-clip eliminator question

Has anyone installed/used these? I bought a used pair of strange 33 splines with c-clip eliminators. I've tried to find installation instructions online, but could not. Just wanting to know if u cut the housing ends flush or if you leave 1/8" like the mosers.

leave an 1/8 there should be a locator groove ...it centers the C-Clip housing on the rear end
    I need room Cause my car has a BIG BLOCK CHEVY and is REALLY HEAVY...

Quote Originally Posted by MustangRacer View Post
    Has anyone installed/used these? I bought a used pair of strange 33 splines with c-clip eliminators. I've tried to find installation instructions online, but could not. Just wanting to know if u cut the housing ends flush or if you leave 1/8" like the mosers.
    I forgot to mention, these are the street/strip version (price was right) with tapered roller bearings

What he said...but strange uses a stud IIRC which also helps with location. Cut them and leave the eigth, there's a receiver groove in them.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Billydroveit View Post
    What he said...but strange uses a stud IIRC which also helps with location. Cut them and leave the eigth, there's a receiver groove in them.
    I actually called Strange's tech line and the guy e-mailed me the directions. The ends actuall get cut off flush, as in up to the 1/16" lip for locating the backing plates. just an FYI if anyone comes across this in the future

Quote Originally Posted by MustangRacer View Post
    I actually called Strange's tech line and the guy e-mailed me the directions. The ends actuall get cut off flush, as in up to the 1/16" lip for locating the backing plates. just an FYI if anyone comes across this in the future
    THanks for the info...i think i cut my lip down to almost nothing...i wasn't worried about it since they use a stud with a nice shoulder to locate them. I think they're a better piece than teh mosers, and easier to install.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Thread Information