Thread: Toyota FT-86 Concept II

Default Toyota FT-86 Concept II

RWD, but I'm not sure on the power...most likely under 250 if I had to guess

Quote Originally Posted by NetCarShow.com
    The new Toyota FT-86 II Concept makes its world debut at the 2011 Geneva motor show, giving the clearest indication yet as to the final design of Toyota's next sports car. It marks a return to the passion for driving that has inspired great Toyota cars of the past, starting with the legendary 2000 GT in the 1960s.

With its long, low bonnet, high wings and rear-set cabin, the Toyota FT-86 II Concept pays homage to Toyota's sports car history and is an entirely driver-oriented concept. It was created at Toyota's European design studio ED2, where its styling was dubbed 'functional beauty': its bold, sweeping form has been generated purely according to the constraints of function and aerodynamics.

The low, highly aerodynamic bodyshell is stretched tight over the engineering hard points, with the muscular bodywork rendered as compact as possible. The concept measures 4,235mm long, 1,795mm wide and 1,270mm high, with a long, 2,570mm wheelbase.

Rather than using a heavy, large displacement powertrain to secure performance, the FT-86 II returns to Toyota's sporting roots by combining a free-revving boxer petrol engine with a compact and lightweight six-speed manual transmission and a low centre of gravity to achieve the best possible power to weight ratio.

Both the powertrain and the driving position have been set as low and as far back as possible to optimise balance for maximum poise, high-speed stability and agility. With a front-engine/rear-wheel drive configuration, this gives the car lively, accessible performance that is easy to harness and enjoy.

The Toyota FT-86 II Concept is the latest stage in the development of a new, compact rear-wheel drive sports car that is being jointly developed by Toyota and Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru). The new model will be launched in Europe in 2012.
    Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

it's the best looking toyota i think i've ever seen. in modern day anyhow. i think it looks better than the subaru version of the same thing. so far anyways. considering we've only been given pictures of the subaru version all taped up.

I like it, but wouldn't buy it. Definitely has an agressive look/stance.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Forum Member

i like it!

I love the look of this baby. This is the joint project with Subaru and they're each supposed to be coming out with their own car that shares a lot of the same things. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the WRX's 270ish hp engine. I know Subaru was talking of making a "STi" edition that's AWD and has the WRX-STi's engine. If they do make that in 300+ hp/tq AWD version that looks anywhere near that nice I think it'd be amazing. I just wonder about pricing and if the interior will look and feel anywhere near as the exterior styling.
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

front end makes me think Audi

I was close I forgot I even made this thread...kind of funny now, actually
    Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

Thread Information