Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why Gallardo's and turbos are a good combo

Forum Member

The Gallardo and the Murcielago can't be anymore different (IMO, and after driving both). The consensus is that the Gallardo is the better driver's car (More nimble, more comfortable, easier to live with, etc.) and the Murcielago is more of the showstopper / flagship car but far from a DD and sluggish / heavy feeling. It's all about what you want out of the car when choosing between these two bulls. And you would be surprised how many people would choose a Z06 over a ZR1. I think part of that is the whole NA / 427 image that is preferred. I would take the ZR1.

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    I was doing a little research and I didn't realize the Porsche GT2 was such a bad bitch!

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
    You must be talking about the GT2RS. And yes, that is a bad bitch with a price tag to follow. I would rather be in a 458 though for a little bit more.

It is hilarious seeing a Nissan on the top of the list with all the big dogs. As I have mentioned before, out of all the cars I have driven / owned, I have never experienced an overall better car, including my Gallardo.
    Last edited by Fadi; 04-15-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FADI View Post
    The Gallardo and the Murcielago can't be anymore different (IMO, and after driving both). The consensus is that the Gallardo is the better driver's car (More nimble, more comfortable, easier to live with, etc.) and the Murcielago is more of the showstopper / flagship car but far from a DD and sluggish / heavy feeling. It's all about what you want out of the car when choosing between these two bulls. And you would be surprised how many people would choose a Z06 over a ZR1. I think part of that is the whole NA / 427 image that is preferred. I would take the ZR1.

You must be talking about the GT2RS. And yes, that is a bad bitch with a price tag to follow. I would rather be in a 458 though for a little bit more.

It is hilarious seeing a Nissan on the top of the list with all the big dogs. As I have mentioned before, out of all the cars I have driven / owned, I have never experienced an overall better car, including my Gallardo.
    Yeah that GTR runs if you can get past the looks. I'm still thinking Ford GT > * American. Rare. Badass.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    Yeah that GTR runs if you can get past the looks. I'm still thinking Ford GT > * American. Rare. Badass.
    I had the same exact thoughts as you regarding styling before seeing/driving the car. Coming from what to me was the best looking car on the road to the GTR, well, that wasn't an easy pill to swallow, but a 20 min test drive and that's all she wrote. And believe it or not, after seeing the GTR in person, I actuly really liked the way it looked.

Regarding American or not, that doesn't jive with me. I have owned Italian, Japanese, American, and German and to me, if it's bad ass, it's bad ass. I don't care who makes it. Actually, I loved them all!

Why are turbo kits for the lambo so expensive?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    Why are turbo kits for the lambo so expensive?
    My best guess is because of the badge.

Thread Information