Thread: flaming river rack

Default flaming river rack

i have a flaming river manual rack in a 87 mustang. i have a broken inner tierod, just wondering if this is something that has to come from flaming river or i can just go to local parts store? any help would be appreciated.

I went through the same thing a few months ago when repairing my car from a wreck. I couldn't find an inner tie rod like the one that comes on the Flaming River rack(it has extra long threads, almost twice as many as the stock replacement). The threads were an issue for me since my bump steer kit needed the extra threads, but if you run a stock outer tie rod then a standard replacement inner would probably work fine. I ended up calling them to order one direct, but it wound up being expensive at $45 for the part and another $15 shipping... I actually asked the guy there if they made the tie rod in house, and he said they just buy them from somewhere. I have the package mine came in still, maybe you could try and cross reference the part number and find a less expensive replacement. The Flaming River inner tie rod part number is FR1503-IE

thank you very much! i will do a little research!!!

Thread Information