Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Newest CTS-V Tweak ;)

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Braile View Post
    Why would he want to take a step backwards?
    Yiiiikes LOL I have to admit I really like a lot of the new Ford stuff, I'd totally rock a Raptor or SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Nice work Chris. Very cool.
    Thanks I hope to go one step further and have it display more but I really need some more time for that.
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

I had read on Cadillac Forum that there had been oil temp in the DIC and that it went away. I assumed to have known the reason it went away based on other things I know as fact. I find it interesting that there is a physical sensor there and that the oil temp still went away. The only thing I can think of is they were getting customer complaints of high oil temperatures that were actually normal temperatures from customers that have no idea how hot oil should be. Even on an entusiast type car, you still have mostly non-enthusiast buyers that don't know what's going on.
    -Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4 cam tbird View Post
    I had read on Cadillac Forum that there had been oil temp in the DIC and that it went away. I assumed to have known the reason it went away based on other things I know as fact. I find it interesting that there is a physical sensor there and that the oil temp still went away. The only thing I can think of is they were getting customer complaints of high oil temperatures that were actually normal temperatures from customers that have no idea how hot oil should be. Even on an entusiast type car, you still have mostly non-enthusiast buyers that don't know what's going on.
    The early pilot/CTF cars had it then it disappeared shortly before production not sure why or who made the call on that one but yes the sensor is still there as its integrated into the level sensor. I'm really surprised they went far enough as to turn the I/O pin off rather than just killing the diagnostics and turning the sensor selector off. Even with the sensor selector on none of the I/O pins read it and I really dont feel like going through and manually triggering a bazillion pins and reloading it each time to see if it works :\

The really weird thing is according to the service manual in a 2009 the wiring is still there as well, its also turned off in the IPC and ECM calibrations but at lease the wiring is there LOL!
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

If you ever want to play with a newer Mustang, let me know.

Club Member

God I wouldn't even know where to start, my fear would be bricking something! LOL
    Chris White
    2022.5 Sierra Denali LM2
    2022 XT5 Sport
    2022 C8 3LT Coupe
    2022 ZL1
    2023 Escalade V

Thread Information