Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insanely Fast UNDERGROUND RACING LAMBOS at TX2k11

Quote Originally Posted by FADI View Post
    Agreed. a 450 WHP Busa running the way it should would leave a UGR Gallardo, IMO. That is basically a 1:1 power to weight.

They are just not drag cars, at all. The fastest ET up to this point from a Gallardo is a 9.0 @ 177, and that car was making north of 1500 whp I believe. Put that power in a properly set up Fbody and you most likely have a low 7 sec car.

What did your Camaro run from 100-150? Any hard data? The 1500 whp Gallardos go 100-150 in 2.7 secs, at least that is the fastest time to date. Curious how your old set up compared. I am guessing pretty close?
    I'll check after I get outta A2. Midterm.

Off the top of my head, sub-3 seconds for sure using 5.20 @ 150 as my 1/8th. I think 0-60 was 1.2 seconds. That's 60-150 in 4.0 seconds. 1170 rwhp at 3500 lbs.
    Last edited by LTLHOMER; 07-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage View Post
    I think everyone is on the same page here, they run hard and fast but just aren't drag cars. Sure you could put the same power down in an Fbody and run 7-8s, but it isn't going to idle like stock with the ac on strolling through the Kroger parking lot, not to mention turning and braking, yikes. Gotta respect it for what it is and not hate it for what its not.
    They get trailered around and blow up regularly. They run on race gas only. Idle like stock? Have you ever been around one of these 250 mph standing mile cars? They're full blown race cars and break all the time. Trans, engines, you name it. Nothing stock-like about them.

Fadis was about as wild as you can get and still be considered "stock" like manners.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    I'll check after I get outta A2. Midterm.

Off the top of my head, sub-3 seconds for sure using 5.20 @ 150 as my 1/8th. I think 0-60 was 1.2 seconds. That's 60-150 in 4.0 seconds. 1170 rwhp at 3500 lbs.
    60-150 in 4.0? That's fast!! 1550 rwhp (about 1400 awhp) Gallardo did 60-150 in 4.7. Hmm, what gives? Tranny I am guessing? This one that went 4.7 is a manual. Also was yours done at the track on a flat surface? Either way man, that is hauling some serious ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by LTLHOMER View Post
    They get trailered around and blow up regularly. They run on race gas only. Idle like stock? Have you ever been around one of these 250 mph standing mile cars? They're full blown race cars and break all the time. Trans, engines, you name it. Nothing stock-like about them.

Fadis was about as wild as you can get and still be considered "stock" like manners.
    I agree in the sense that these 1500 whp Gallardos do break from time to time. I have already skimmed across about 4-5 of them at that HP level blowing up. Now, I am not sure if they blow up 'regularly', but you may be right, who knows. I guess I am just speaking from what I read online, and we all know a lot shit goes behind the scenes untold.

My Gallardo made 700 rwhp (about 650 awhp) and it definitely drove like stock. I put 15K miles on it in 1.5 years of ownership, with 4 mths away for winter. From my understanding, a 'standard' TT Gallardo build with the 850 whp pump gas and 1100 whp race gas package makes for a pretty stock like driving Gallardo with excellent reliability ('excellent' is open for interpertation). But I am just going by what I read, not personal experience. I don't think anyone on this board can say with certainty how reliable a 1200+ whp Gallardo really is.

One thing is for sure, they are cool ass cars and I really enjoyed mine (well, except spending $$$ on race gas ALL the damn time, and the never ending attention)

60-150 in 4.0? That's fast!! 1550 rwhp (about 1400 awhp) Gallardo did 60-150 in 4.7. Hmm, what gives? Tranny I am guessing? This one that went 4.7 is a manual. Also was yours done at the track on a flat surface? Either way man, that is hauling some serious ass!!
    Not my best but I made this after one of our first trips to the track. I believe it represents a mid to low 8-second pass at around 175 mph. I'll try to match it up with a timeslip because the big stuff has a timestamp on each log.

'00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Just a trailer trash Camaro though right? No big deal. Good thing you 2 never did get that race in.
    '91 Firebird - LC2 3.8, 6776S Turbo, Alkycontrol, S60 Rear, ProBuilt 700

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 91Bird305 View Post
    Just a trailer trash Camaro though right? No big deal. Good thing you 2 never did get that race in.
    Why is it a "good" thing? I would have loved to run regardless of the outcome - knowing I would have lost. Haven't you learned by now that I like to race just for the fun of it even if I am running a faster car? Even if I lose, trust me, I wouldn't care. We have all lost, as have you. No big deal..

Back on topic...and a new video from UGR:

Why is it a "good" thing? I would have loved to run regardless of the outcome - knowing I would have lost. Haven't you learned by now that I like to race just for the fun of it even if I am running a faster car? Even if I lose, trust me, I wouldn't care. We have all lost, as have you. No big deal..
    Of course. It was just going to be friendly race. No ego behind all those posts back on XS between you two in that thread.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 91Bird305 View Post
    Of course. It was just going to be friendly race. No ego behind all those posts back on XS between you two in that thread.
    HAHA. Ya, we did talk a lot of shit, but I think that's exactly what it was....mostly shit. =) All in good fun.

Hope to see you guys out this year.

HAHA. Ya, we did talk a lot of shit, but I think that's exactly what it was....mostly shit. =) All in good fun.

Hope to see you guys out this year.
    Same. I was up near Flint this weekend. Ran into a couple people from EVI in town. Didn't go out for any racing stuff though. Was occupied most of the weekend. Need to get out though. I've only been out cruising/racing one time this summer so far.

Thread Information