Thread: Need some engine help

Default Need some engine help

So I just picked up a 1992 25th anniversary rs Camaro 3.1L v6. It's my first car and replaced the battery since it was dead and since I did tht the motor cycles the starter clicks. The pulleys all spin and whn I press the gas it gives the motor gas So thn tht means tht the motor is not getting the spark from the plugs right so if I replace my plugs and plug wires tht should solve my problem?

Huh? You said the starter clicks, does it spin the engine? How do you know it's getting gas?
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Well there "Jakethecarguy98", Welcome to Motown.
    Dave, stop asking dumb questions...
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

What? the info he gave fucking sucks
    Want an answer with what he gave?

Put some plugs it it
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Lol. We were all young at one time... Given it's his first car I'm sure he's apprehensive about working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave I said the start clicks and I said all the pulleys and belt spin. All I was asking tht if I throw in new plugs and plug wires tht it should solve my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethecarguy98 View Post
    So I just picked up a 1992 25th anniversary rs Camaro 3.1L v6. It's my first car and replaced the battery since it was dead and since I did tht the motor cycles the starter clicks. The pulleys all spin and whn I press the gas it gives the motor gas So thn tht means tht the motor is not getting the spark from the plugs right so if I replace my plugs and plug wires tht should solve my problem?
    OK Jake, from your post we get this:
    1. Your engine turns over with the key
    2. When you press the gas it gives the motor gas. How are you determining this? 1992 Camaro should be 3.1L port-fuel injected. Do you smell gas?
    Fresh plugs and wires will certainly not hurt, but may not be the cause of the engine not starting. Have you checked for ANY spark at the plugs? If you have questions on how to do this, post up. People here will try to help you, but you will need to use your head and help yourself. Go to the parts store and buy a Haynes manual for your car. It will take you through most of the basic diagnostic tests you will need to get it running.
    Is it just me, or is the United States of America going further and faster downhill by the day??

Jake you you need 4 things for the motor to run, air, fuel, spark and compression. If you have all that make sure your timing is correct. How many miles are on the motor? Did it run before you put a new battery in it? You did say "since"
    Mike
    86 Buick GN
    1988 Mustang 347 EFI
    Ice Nine Customs
    Grafik Intentions

Thread Information