Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Cop Goes Nuts over CPL

Default Ohio Cop Goes Nuts over CPL

'91 Firebird - LC2 3.8, 6776S Turbo, Alkycontrol, S60 Rear, ProBuilt 700

Saw this a few days ago. Cop is a total douche canoe. If he and his partner hadn't been on such a power trip... Not to mention, don't you have to talk to the driver before searching the vehicle, whether you have probable cause or not? Seems to me like the officers bent or broke several procedures in this stop.

On the other hand, why is it so hard to yell out the window, "Hey guys, I have a CPL."

He tried to mention it at 6:10 and earlier on he was told to stay in the car and not talk or move. Didn't really give him a chance. The whole situation was odd on how the officers handle that. They started searching the car with the driver still inside it. They completely ignored the driver for awhile. Never checked him out. When they finally did, he told them he had a license to carry.

Looks like the officers have been suspended and have to deal with internal affairs now.

That officer deserves to loose his job, there was nothing done right in that whole video, wouldnt listen to driver, and the way he treated the driver, Cops and there power trips, dont always pan out, he deserves everything they can throw at him.

The guy didn't really break any laws did he? This seems to be all on the officers.

Cop Saves Boy's Life: 'Part of My Job'

Photo by James Herman
    A Chicago police officer saved the life of a 2-year-old Thursday afternoon just has he started his shift in the 17th district. Officer Tom Norberg, a 15 year veteran, was driving east on Montrose Ave. when a car pulled up behind him honking and flashing its lights. He let the car pull alongside side when the driver yelled out that her baby was not breathing. The mother told Norberg that the boy had been eating, but then started coughing and vomiting. Norberg called for an ambulance and took the boy out of the car, laying him on a blanket on the ground. Recalling his police first-aid training he inspected the boy’s airway and began CPR. Sergio Martinez started breathing again and was taken to Swedish Covenant Hospital when paramedics arrived. Norberg said he never had to do first aid quite like that, “It’s part of my job,” the father of two said at a press conference

No point in getting into it about all the bad cop threads, i'm just going to post good cop actions

I'm not trying to start another "all cops are bad" thread. They're not. That's not my intent of this thread and I've defended police in other threads. The police in this video were just out of control and I wanted to post it for anyone going to Ohio that has a CPL (Michigan CPL is honored in Ohio).

That cop needs some anger management. Those are the type of cops i never want to have a run in with because they'll fuck your life up just because.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lunger View Post
    No point in getting into it about all the bad cop threads, i'm just going to post good cop actions
    I admire this officer for his quick action and exemplary presence in this totally unrelated story.

However, I think the video above serves a purpose. It shows what and what not to do in that very situation. I think for the most part, the driver did exactly what anyone with a CPL is supposed to do - obey the officer and don't present yourself as a threat...no matter how unreasonable he's being. On the other hand, I think there were ample opportunities for him to say he had a CPL - despite the instruction not to speak. If he simply made the effort to be heard (not by arguing or explaining with a long drawn out explanation....just a simple, single sentence "I have a CPL."), things might have gone a little smoother for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    I admire this officer for his quick action and exemplary presence in this totally unrelated story.

However, I think the video above serves a purpose. It shows what and what not to do in that very situation. I think for the most part, the driver did exactly what anyone with a CPL is supposed to do - obey the officer and don't present yourself as a threat...no matter how unreasonable he's being. On the other hand, I think there were ample opportunities for him to say he had a CPL - despite the instruction not to speak. If he simply made the effort to be heard (not by arguing or explaining with a long drawn out explanation....just a simple, single sentence "I have a CPL."), things might have gone a little smoother for him.
    That happens to people who don't have a lot of run ins with the police though. I bet he never thought it would be a huge blow up because he never had any issue with police in the past.
    I get hassled by police all the time, so I sure as hell say I have a CPL no matter what and have the card in my hand out the window before the cop even gets out of his car. Sucks for the guy, trying to do what he was told and got jacked for it, at least it didn't deteriorate further

Thread Information