Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rusty '85 5.0L - Worth Parting Out?

Default Rusty '85 5.0L - Worth Parting Out?

I've been pushing to get this thing out of my driveway since it moved into my driveway. I feared that it may never happen but I got a ray of hope tonight when my girlfriend asked if there would be any money in parting it out. It is her first car, but it is a rusty ass fox body that would require way too much time and effort to save when there are eleventy trillion other fox bodies around in better shape.

It does run and drive fine, but has issues, like one window not really staying up. As far as extent of rust, the doors are pretty much gone. The quarters are pretty rusty, the right front fender is damaged from the previous owner and her dad tried a terrible fix that really only made things worse as it has this shit on the front fascia that otherwise would be good. The left front fender might be good, the hatch I think is ok too. The floor looks horrible underneath, completely rust but no holes. I think it is pretty much stock aside from a Holley 4 barrel and 3.55 gears...in a 7.5 because it's an 85.

Am I right in assuming that this car is worth basically nothing as complete running driving car?

What are fox body parts worth? Stock 85 5.0 engine? T-5 and King Cobra clutch? 7.5 with a 3.55 gear in it? Set of nice Pony wheels, probably the most desirable part of the car? Would it be worth the time to part it out?

I don't see this as being imminent, but I'm all about pushing the conversation along.
    -Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

I'd buy the Distributor and Duraspark out of it

i'd just put it up for $1,200 if its in running/driving condition, some kid will want it
    i dont like small cars or real big women but somehow i always find myself in em

Post it on www.foureyedpride.com

The guys on that board are almost all complete dorks, and dumb as the day is long, but they may buy it. They will actually get angry if you part it out, but some may buy parts anyhow.
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post

The guys on that board are almost all complete dorks, and dumb as the day is long, but they may buy it. They will actually get angry if you part it out, but some may buy parts anyhow.
    agree 1000% with this statement! If the nose is good it should fetch some $$
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

OH and the dashpad if it's in decent condition

I'm actually not sure what sort of shape any of the interior stuff is in and I've even moved it around a little bit a few times because my girlfriend can't get it as out of the way in the driveway as I can. The front fascia might actually be savable. Not sure how easy the crap would be to get off.
    -Brad
    1968 Ford Torino - DOHC 4.6, T-56, Project
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
    1998 BMW 540i Sport

I would be interested in a few parts if you do decide to part it out...I'd even come out there and remove them myself

rip the exhaust off, put a B cam in it, post it for $2k you'll get a hit from some dumb kid, just tell him it's fast and the rust is just for a sleeper look. You'll get the money out of it. Also to answer your question, doesn't really seem worth it to part it. Fox parts go for pretty cheap

gee thanks. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post

01 EXCURSION
    11 RUBICON black ops
    82 MUSTANG GT
    75 Porsche 914

Thread Information