Thread: Decent Grease Gun?

Forum Member

Default Decent Grease Gun?

Dumb question guys, but I've always had the Harbor Freight/Amazon el cheapo grease guns and it seems like they clog and/or won't pump for whatever reason way too easily. They are finicky as fck. Between my two tractors now and trying to maintain vehicles, I want something that actually works more than a couple pumps at a time (TWSS).

Any suggestions on something affordable for a shadetree mechanic? I don't need fancy, I don't need power - I just need something that actually works.

I just rebuilt the front end of my Grand Cherokee, so I need to grease everything before it hits the road.

I've got a cheapo pistol grip grease gun in the barn. I don't even remember where I bought it from, but it's always worked great. Sometimes a little "slow" to prime a fresh tube but otherwise has been great. At work we've got a DeWalt 20V that works pretty good. But always seems to leak grease out of everywhere. But IDK if it's because of a design issue or an abuse issue since it's used by a bunch of people who treat it like trash.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

Cool

Good question Atrus, I too would like to hear some recommendations for a nice grease gun.

Thread Information