Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    Great info. How do you feel about the Hersey speakers? I seem to keep stumbling across threads on them or seeing them for sale, but with their response range and price, I'm guessing they're more aimed at having a full set-up with multiple subs. Is this accurate thinking? Anything you could tell me about them would be appreciated.
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/2775671103.html
    Heresys can be good, depending on what your musical tastes are. I wouldnt use them for rock or anything with deeper bass, because they dont go that low, and their horns turn to buzz saws. The Heresy is good to about 65Hz, which isnt very low. If your musical taste leans toward acoustic music, theyre awesome. Theres alot of modifications out there for them, but most are to address the mids and highs. Id pick the KG4 over them, simply because they work with a wider range of music. They also dont have the harsh highs and forward mids of the Heresy, so they wont be as in-your-face sounding. The KG4 is a fine speaker, and well worth it at the link I PMed you.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    I personally would go with the KG4’s over the Heresy’s. I have no experience with either of these, but from what I have heard others say, seems like the Heresy’s fall short with the low end and good bass. The speakers are all really good, but I think of the Heresy’s like an old man, and the KG4’s like a younger man.
    I’ve got a set of Forte II’s that I have had for a bit now, and they seem to make everything sound really good. They’re bigger than the KG4’s though, and still seems to get a decent amount of $$$. I think KG4’s can be had for a good price and you can get a lot of use from them without issue, check around for 4.2’s as well.
    I miss my Fortes, they were one of my favorite speakers. Have you looked into any mods for them? The B&K crossovers, titanium mids, and titanium highs really open em em good, and really smooth out the sound. They come to the point that you could turn them up, and not realize how loud it really is.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I inherited a set of Herseys and don't really care for them with anything requiring any amount of bass. My impression of them mirrors what Tin said.

Thanks for the info guys.
    It's looking more and more like it comes down to KG4's or Forte's if I can swing 'em, or something equivalent. Jim, if you're not enjoying the Herseys I know where you can donate them
    BTW, and not to thread jack, but how's the Chevy doing? Enjoying that Opti-coat?
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

It's looking more and more like it comes down to KG4's or Forte's if I can swing 'em, or something equivalent. Jim, if you're not enjoying the Herseys I know where you can donate them
    Be patient, deals come up every so often. I look everyday, if I see something Ill let you know. My old pair of Fortes cost me $200.
    '16 Fiesta ST

BTW, and not to thread jack, but how's the Chevy doing? Enjoying that Opti-coat?
    Haha, I'll use them someday when I have the space to use them with a subwoofer. They do get loud, I'll give them that, just lacking that "punch".

Car's doing great. Bird shit practically slides right off

If you wanna wait for something really good, and Michigan made, Electro Voice Aristocrats come up every once in awhile. Klipsch OEMed parts from EV up until the early/mid 1980s, when EV turned all of their resources towards commercial audio. Aristocrats are awesome for damn near anything, and come in many different configurations. You can get a 2-way coaxial driver, 2-way woofer/horn combo, or 3-way woofer/mid horn/high horn setup.

'16 Fiesta ST

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Oh shit sorry I didnt even catch this post. The Rolls phono pres are good low cost units. If you wanna sling some solder theres some nice tubed phono pres out there you could build for under $100. Check out the DIYTube Budgie.
    I ended up ordering a TCC-TC750 off of Amazon on a whim. It works....and for the sub $50 investment, I really can't complain. My audio equipment upstairs isn't anything like my audio equipment downstairs. But, it's nice to have a decent turntable hooked up to the HT system now.
    -Joe
    2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ
    1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Club Member

As for speakers, I'm rather limited in my experience, but I scooped up a great pair of Klipsch Chorus I's off of Craigslist a year or so ago. If you can get over their MAMMOTH size, they're phenomenal speakers. Very efficient, nice range, and will rock your house if you want.
    -Joe
    2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ
    1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Banned

hey Tin any experience with B&W speakers? I have a pair of DM 602's that I've had for about 15 years and really like them.

Thread Information