Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

---
    Last edited by Ozz; 04-24-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Last edited by 347convert; 04-18-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Any information about a vintage audio show coming up in novi this weekend??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    Yes, go to it!
    If you have any interest to check out some quality equipment and learn a thing or 20...Meet some cool people and have a good time.
    Go...

Forum Member

Any suggestions for a USB DAC+headphone amp before I get an FiiO E10? It was recommended over the E7 and I don't want to spend any more than $100. Just for use at a computer, don't really need it to be portable.

Quote Originally Posted by robvas View Post
    Any suggestions for a USB DAC+headphone amp before I get an FiiO E10? It was recommended over the E7 and I don't want to spend any more than $100. Just for use at a computer, don't really need it to be portable.
    If you wanna spend a bit over $100, I highly recommend this: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NUUDAC2 Best of all, you can take it anywhere with you.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Rega RP-1, Thoughts?

I just missed out on a pioneer pl-560 for $70. Thats kinda what I wanted to spend anyway, But if the rega is a whole nother world I'll spend the loot. I want to buy a nicer turntable for my girls bday as stated in another thread. Any suggestions on what table to keep an eye out for?
    Sorry i couldnt get to you sooner, Im working afternoons now. The Project Debut III is indeed a nice table, as are the Music Hall and Regas at the same price point. The Rega has the better rep of the 3, followed by the Project, then the Music Hall.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    Yes, go to it!
    If you have any interest to check out some quality equipment and learn a thing or 20...Meet some cool people and have a good time.
    Go...
    Ill be there Sunday, look for a gold Caprice Wagon in the parking lot. Its not like there will be any more of them there . Theres gonna be lots of stuff for sale, too. I got a line on another pair of EVs in cabinets somebody can get very cheap. I dont have the room for them, so Ill pass it along to somebody here. Theyre almost like mine, but made by Allied Radio out of Chicago. The drivers are the same as my EV coaxials, just with Allied stamped on them. Electro Voice sourced out speakers to alot of companies back then. Klipsch, Allied, and Knight, being the main ones.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Its at The Sheraton Saturday and Sunday. Its $20, to get in, but thats good for both days, plus they usually give away alot of stuff. Theres not only gonna be vintage audio, but alot of nice modern stuff as well. The show attracts alot of big names in the industry, and they often show off their latest and greatest. This years show is supposed to be smaller than years past, because it was too much to handle for Dave, the admin of Audiokarma. Youre gonna see alot of killer DIY stuff too. I recently bought an amp from a local guy, very poverty looking, but it breathes fire...literally. Hes been working on this circuit for about 6 years now, and hes going to adapt it to the parts I have on hand. In other words, Im gonna be building something killer sometime after the show .
    '16 Fiesta ST

Hey Tin,

I have a co worker that has a Marantz receiver and says that when the volume is adjusted it makes a lot of static.
    Any advice on what he needs to do or look for? I was listening to the guys at work give him advice and told him to wait until I asked you.

Thanks in advance

Thread Information