Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Once those AT-15s are refoamed you could say goodbye to that sub
    That thing is too small to rightly be called a sub. lol. The woofer on his mains are larger!

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    That thing is too small to rightly be called a sub. lol. The woofer on his mains are larger!
    Yeah true!
    '16 Fiesta ST

I purchased my DD (2010 escape)without the premium audio package so it didn't come with a sub. The factory sound is ok but it can definitely use the sub. I want to find something that is maybe a sub, box, and amp combo that can easily be removed if I need the room in the back. I'm not trying to win Bass wars or anything just some more defined bass. Also I have heard that their is some kind of processor you have to purchase to get an auxilary system to work with a ford factory stereo? Any help is appreciated.
    "The most valuable thing in life is time!"

Forum Member

I'd probably start by looking to see if JL makes any stealth boxes for your DD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TopElimn8r View Post
    I purchased my DD (2010 escape)without the premium audio package so it didn't come with a sub. The factory sound is ok but it can definitely use the sub. I want to find something that is maybe a sub, box, and amp combo that can easily be removed if I need the room in the back. I'm not trying to win Bass wars or anything just some more defined bass. Also I have heard that their is some kind of processor you have to purchase to get an auxilary system to work with a ford factory stereo? Any help is appreciated.
    You can put a small sub in anything pretty much.
    Back in the day, if you wanted to use a high level input you had to get a line level converter. They can be found fairly cheap, you can then just use the speaker wires that go to the speaker and put that to the converter. Then you use the RCA out from that to your amp, then wire your speaker/s.

parts express or your local stereo store should have something, take what they say and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    You can put a small sub in anything pretty much.
    Back in the day, if you wanted to use a high level input you had to get a line level converter. They can be found fairly cheap, you can then just use the speaker wires that go to the speaker and put that to the converter. Then you use the RCA out from that to your amp, then wire your speaker/s.

parts express or your local stereo store should have something, take what they say and go from there.
    Is there a parts express local here in SE Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    I'd probably start by looking to see if JL makes any stealth boxes for your DD.
    I'm too cheap for these and it is only a speaker and an enclosure for $499.99

Quote Originally Posted by TopElimn8r View Post
    Is there a parts express local here in SE Michigan?
    Theyre down in Springboro, OH. Theyre a few hours down I75, but they do ship very fast. Most of my orders usually get to my door the next day as long as I order before 4PM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I looked on parts express and this is what I found for what I think I'm looking for. Are any of these options worth the money. Or is this just cheap crap I should avoid?

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/pow...subwoofers/393

In that case, buy something used, you can get alot more for your money. You should PM moneypit, hes a car audio nut and might be able to find you something.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    In that case, buy something used, you can get alot more for your money. You should PM moneypit, hes a car audio nut and might be able to find you something.
    Will do. Thanks!

Thread Information