Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I dont have one laying around.... could i just cut the prong off the plug for ground?
    You could do that, or use a cheater plug if you have one lying around.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Apologies if my inquiry has been previously addressed: Bluetooth speaker in the $150-300 range.
    Just something to export the audio to from my iPhone or MacAir when I'm downstairs putzing around..
    Thank-you in advance. (TIA)
    The JBL units are pretty good for the money. Other options you might want to consider if you already have a sound system, Apple TV or Airport Express. They both support Airplay and will have a much further distance due to wifi instead of using bluetooth.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The JBL units are pretty good for the money. Other options you might want to consider if you already have a sound system, Apple TV or Airport Express. They both support Airplay and will have a much further distance due to wifi instead of using bluetooth.
    , I might know a guy.
    Last edited by 99Electriccobra; 12-23-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Tin. do you do much in the way of car audio at all? trying to add a sub/amp to my stock stereo on my 2014 silverado. but i need to get a line Output Converter. not sure on who has a good one but i know some of them tend to have a little extra noise and im trying to avoid that. any help would be appreciated it

thanks

Far and away the best: http://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/ci-2rr/

Can find them used on eBay from time to time. Got mine for about 35% of retail.

I wouldn't worry about it too much for just a sub though, you won't hear it unless you have baaaad noise. David Navone makes some that are decent and cheaper.
    Last edited by Birdie2000; 02-11-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kammi10 View Post
    Tin. do you do much in the way of car audio at all? trying to add a sub/amp to my stock stereo on my 2014 silverado. but i need to get a line Output Converter. not sure on who has a good one but i know some of them tend to have a little extra noise and im trying to avoid that. any help would be appreciated it

thanks
    I'm not very well versed in car audio aside from speaker science being universal. I do know that some vehicles have radios with proprietary junk in them that can hinder aftermarket goods though There are a few here that are pretty good with it, such as BigWheelinBubba and moneypit. Might wanna drop one of them a PM.
    Last edited by Tin; 02-12-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

If you really want to get serious and correct all the junk the factory may be processing, JL Audio and other vendors have devices that will do so, but you're looking at several hundred dollars.

I haven't tested any of the newest GM stereos, but from what I've seen in the 2005-2010 stuff GM mainly boosts bass at lower volumes then it flattens out around 50% volume. Assuming you don't have anything fancy like a Bose system, I'd just tap into the leads of the individual speaker that plays the lowest in the vehicle, or if you can, right at the rear speaker outputs of the Head Unit (assuming there's no factory amp and that the radio puts out a strong enough signal), then run any decent run-of-the-mill LOC on it and see where you're at. Might want to do some research on fullsizechevy.com or diymobileaudio.com to see if anyone else has installed in a similar vehicle. The LOC I was referring to before which is about as good as you're going to get without spending a bunch is this:

http://davidnavone.com/product/n-rhl...put-converter/

I hope you see this soon and can give me some advice.

I have been looking for a pair of nice speakers while here in Japan and came across a set of JBL 4343s.

They seem like they are in good condition, walnut veneer but a few chips on the corners, nothing major. I pulled the grille off one of them and the speaker foams look in good shape, maybe they have been replaced but not sure. They are at a 2nd hand shop and there is limited info, one guy I spoke to there didn't speak English well. The for sale tag says they are from 1976. They are marked at about 3500 for the pair but I have a 20% off coupon that is good for this weekend.

What are these worth and are they something that I should snatch up due to the rarity? They have been at the shop for 3 months now and I would love to grab them but I am in way over my head with the details on these and what could be done with/to them.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    We have become a country afraid to celebrate our American pride because the immigrants and whiners that complain. We as a nation should embrace our country. Those that don't like it GET THE F*CK OUT!

JBL 4343s are great speakers, and that's a good price for them. From what I've seen, they average around $4000 for a nicer pair. Make sure you listen to them before you buy, because these are old school studio monitors. Studio monitors characteristically have a near flat response and are very unforgiving. If you're listening to something poorly mastered, you'll know right away. Well mastered tracks will sound amazing. These are speakers that make you break out the good vinyl or high resolution lossless audio tracks. Lossy audio such as MP3s stand a good chance of making your ears bleed
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information