Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

Quote Originally Posted by RBOD View Post
    I called those guys and I have to say, not much help. I told them what I had and what I wanted and they said "Bring it in. We'll do that." Wouldn't give me a price range on it at all without bringing it to them which is not a close drive for me. Didn't really rub me the right way. I'm sure they are great at what they do but a bad first impression means a lot to me. Anywhere else? Maybe someone more personable?
    Most places wont give you an estimate on something like that because they have to test it and see what needs servicing first. Some may give you a ballpark figure, but things could change very quick once they peek under the hood.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Looking for a decent portable headphone amp. Something for an mp3 player AND my laptop. I use Sennheiser HD280 pros. Somebody recommended the Fiio E5, but I have a budget of about $50. Not opposed to used.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

The CMOY amps are really hard to beat for $50. You can build em yourself, buy a kit, or buy a prebuilt. They usually take a 9V battery and can be built inside an Altoids tin. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
    '16 Fiesta ST

Awesome. I will keep that in mind. Some cool kits on there.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Awesome. I will keep that in mind. Some cool kits on there.
    If you get one, let me know, I have some nice OPamps laying around to put in your output stage. Matter of fact, Im pretty sure I have a Browndog dual to single OPamp adapter so you can run a pair of nice beefy single OPamps. Youll get way better channel separation and eliminate any sort of crosstalk you may get . Im not using em, so if you want, PM me your address when the time comes, and theyre yours, gratis.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I am not too sure what any of that means, but if you tell me where to plug the stuff in I will definitely take you up on that. Thanks!

The OPamp is the small socketed chip on the CMOY PCB. Thats what actually amplifies the sound of the amp. You can swap em to get the sound signature you like.
    Last edited by Tin; 01-10-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

I'll let you know when I pull the trigger on an amp.

Elected Club Official

Any interest in helping to get my blaupunkt Arkansas stereo up and running? Lol inherited this from my grandpa when he passed away last year, they brought this back from Germany after WW2 when they moved back to the states. Turntable spins, radio lights up, but no sound.

Any chance you could take a picture of the insides? What does it do when you power it on? Im wondering if its a late 1950s/early 1960s model, as stereo sound wasnt introduced to the consumer until 1957 or so. All consoles prior to that were mono.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information