Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: The ask Tin about audio thread

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    same speakers are all over ebay at 800 or less last set local was 539.00 and didnt sell , huge items like that that arent easy to ship really have a low resale value
    How do you search for unsold stuff? Is that a moneypit secret? His might have been the $539 ad. I would like to show it to him at the least.

Thank you again.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Left hand side completed listings
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Thank you. Good to get tips from a pro.

-Geoff

So much for that. The guy just called me and one of them needs a new board. Amazing what happens when you tell them you want to hear them. Back to the drawing board.

-Geoff

So I went down Woodward and spun around to Rochester hills before coming home.

- Saw this guy named Jay at Audio dimensions. He was an audio snob. When I told him I couldn't feel the bass from the Magneplaner .7 speakers, he told me it wasn't real bass if you felt it, it was fake. So I told him I needed more fake bass. Still, those Magneplaners were the best sounding thing I heard all day running off a Rouge Audio Sphinx integrated 100WPC amp. Still wasn't loud enough for me. I think I would be happy with these and a bigger amp, though.
    - Saw Pat at Alma's and heard the Martin Logan Summit speakers. I liked the sound, but I am pretty sure I want more sound out of the Martin Logan than I can afford. They had a set of Demo Summits for $8000 (didn't see the amp they ran). I still wanted it louder with more bass.
    - Went to Sound Advantage in Rochester and met a part time there named Jeremy (owner Lee(?) wasn't in). After auditioning the Martin Logan's the guy told me he wouldn't recommend getting anything under the $4000 ESL-X's, because I kept complaining about base and volume with their $4000 amp. Doh! Sat in the sound room and listened to the MAC6700. Sounded awesome, even with the Mac speakers. The mid clarity couldn't touch the Magneplaners, though, even with the $10,000 McIntosh speakers with like 20 tweeters in each one. Loved the receiver though!

So I am thinking I need Magneplaners and subwoofers.

Tin - those Amps you recommended - Emotiva - were you talking about the X-series or BasX? I thought those Magnepans needed a little more than the Sphinx was pushing so I was thinking that the A-300 might do the trick (150 WPC and reasonably priced). And if not, I could trade it back in for an XPA-2. Thoughts? Thank you.

-Geoff

Forum Member

If you prefer a more bass-heavy sound, keep in mind that you can add any brand of subwoofer to compliment whatever full range speakers sound good to you. I went the DIY route and added an 18" driver to a furniture grade cabinet, along with a 2 KW mono bridged amp - nothing but smiles in small living room (16' x 22'). But there are people on AVS running of 6 of these bad boys in a slightly larger room - borderline crazy!

Forum Member

I vote for an IB manifold to compliment whatever fullrange you like best. Throw 2-4 AE18HT's in there and go find your favorite organ music...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I should let you hear my 1960s EV's being pushed by a little measly 30 watts.56328.jpeg
    ****MATT*****

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    So I went down Woodward and spun around to Rochester hills before coming home.

- Saw this guy named Jay at Audio dimensions. He was an audio snob. When I told him I couldn't feel the bass from the Magneplaner .7 speakers, he told me it wasn't real bass if you felt it, it was fake. So I told him I needed more fake bass. Still, those Magneplaners were the best sounding thing I heard all day running off a Rouge Audio Sphinx integrated 100WPC amp. Still wasn't loud enough for me. I think I would be happy with these and a bigger amp, though.
    - Saw Pat at Alma's and heard the Martin Logan Summit speakers. I liked the sound, but I am pretty sure I want more sound out of the Martin Logan than I can afford. They had a set of Demo Summits for $8000 (didn't see the amp they ran). I still wanted it louder with more bass.
    - Went to Sound Advantage in Rochester and met a part time there named Jeremy (owner Lee(?) wasn't in). After auditioning the Martin Logan's the guy told me he wouldn't recommend getting anything under the $4000 ESL-X's, because I kept complaining about base and volume with their $4000 amp. Doh! Sat in the sound room and listened to the MAC6700. Sounded awesome, even with the Mac speakers. The mid clarity couldn't touch the Magneplaners, though, even with the $10,000 McIntosh speakers with like 20 tweeters in each one. Loved the receiver though!

So I am thinking I need Magneplaners and subwoofers.

Tin - those Amps you recommended - Emotiva - were you talking about the X-series or BasX? I thought those Magnepans needed a little more than the Sphinx was pushing so I was thinking that the A-300 might do the trick (150 WPC and reasonably priced). And if not, I could trade it back in for an XPA-2. Thoughts? Thank you.

-Geoff
    What's your budget?

I upgraded a while back and have been kicking around selling my previous stuff... I've got a pair of Dynaudio Focus 340's and a pair of Parasound JC-1 monoblocks to run them... I bought everything brand new last year and have all boxes etc...

Thread Information