Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Wheels on my 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    Yeah but who cares? The idea of the 30 mile drive is to make sure they are streetable, legal, legit street cars. Hell you could make it 50 miles. I've done the FFW true street race and it takes a street car to complete it. Traffic, expressway, bumpy roads, etc.
    i agree.. but i like to bring other things just like you such as a golf cart or tools incase something happens..

Quote Originally Posted by kammi10 View Post
    i agree.. but i like to bring other things just like you such as a golf cart or tools incase something happens..
    Oh for sure, I thought you were saying there shouldn't be trailers allowed. I'd always want a trailer even for an 11 second car. A prepped track can break stuff.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Oh for sure, I thought you were saying there shouldn't be trailers allowed. I'd always want a trailer even for an 11 second car. A prepped track can break stuff.
    Noooo.. im all for trailers being allowed there.. hell it makes it easier when u leave to go home since you can just load right up when your done and get the hell out of dodge instead fo have to drive the 30 miles again and then load up and god knows what hour if this takes place at a no et. hell even when my car ran 12.00 i still had a trailer there in case something broke.. just good insurance when u have one u might as well use it

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    But with the same logic plenty of cars break on the public roads, leaving people stranded and needing a tow..... I'm not gonna trailer my car to the mall, movies or work....
    I haven't broken anything on the street to the point where I couldn't get home since I had the ProCharger on. When I go to the track I bring a trailer. I don't care if you have an 8 second car or a 12 second car. Things break at the track. Plus I really enjoy the time savings by getting my car ready the night before. I cannot fit a spare set of tires in my Vette, so if I want to race with slicks I'd have to drive 50 miles on the expressway with them (not interested) or have someone else bring them to the track and then do a tire change (big time wasting pain in the ass). With the trailer I do the tire swap at home with power tools, load up the car, and I'm good to go. Plus its nice to be able to bring some extra odds and ends to the track in your tow rig.

I can put my street tires on and drive cross country. I've taken the Vette up north, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Can we also get everyone to admit how much they have invested in their cars, how much they make yearly, and what their monthly expenses are. That way we can get a ratio for everybody and see who's done more, with less.
    It's irrelevant what I or anyone else makes or what they spent on their car.

You're going to compare someone with an old shit box with a shot of juice to a modern car with turbos and act like the old shit box is better because the owner spent less to go as fast in a much less cool car. Irrelevant.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I think the 30 mile cruise would be cool, just like the old FFW and NMRA True Street races. 30 mile cruise and a heads up ladder. Maybe we could meet somewhere 30 miles from milan...leave trailers there if anyone has them, and drive the 30 miles to Milan. Maybe make it a low entrance fee and winner takes all.
    I could easily make a 30 mile cruise. I don't think the idea behind it would be for cars like mine so there would need to be more restrictions than a 30 mile cruise. But if it were a few hundred a car winner take all I would be in for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GPowrie View Post
    I could easily make a 30 mile cruise. I don't think the idea behind it would be for cars like mine so there would need to be more restrictions than a 30 mile cruise. But if it were a few hundred a car winner take all I would be in for sure.
    I don't think they're looking for cars like yours in this.

Maybe there does have to be some rules
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

I don't think they're looking for cars like yours in this.

Maybe there does have to be some rules
    i would agree.. thats just not fair greg.. lol..

I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post

It's irrelevant what I or anyone else makes or what they spent on their car.

You're going to compare someone with an old shit box with a shot of juice to a modern car with turbos and act like the old shit box is better because the owner spent less to go as fast in a much less cool car. Irrelevant.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

I really like the concept/idea of this shootout, but we obviously have some discussion to do on final rules... We have all winter to sort it out

1. It's called an example, my point was that people drive street cars and trailer race cars (simple as that).
    2. Additionally I can't justify the $$$$ to purchase, plate, insure and store a trailer for the two times a year I make it to the track. I guess good old AAA will have to haul my busted POS home.
    3. I am an idiot.

Just my 2 cents, we will have to agree to disagree on this point (MERRY CHRISTMAS!)

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeHonks View Post
    Why would you trailer your car to the mall? I wouldn't think you are racing your car all out on a prepped track on your way to the mall or out to eat... Trailering to the track to race is just a smart idea.

Leave it to a vote. Most of the guys who belong in this class are regulars on tele/Woodward. And if you are out on Woodward/tele/etc. regularly, there is no reason why you shouldn't be included.
    Understood Mark.

We actually talked about you and your car at the MM party. I think a car like yours will actually be big shooter at an event like this.

The only reason I brought up the trailer is that it would help sideline the purpose built racecars, people running slicks, etc... from dominating the show.

I think a bunch of street cars on radials with a/c, bumping stereos, clicking off 8,9,10 & 11 second passes would be pretty cool.

One more potential issue is, with NO ET being so popular this idea might be tough to pull off. Seems like alot of guys at NO ET have cars that would fit in on this type of event, but I am not sure they would be open to the idea of people seeing their times.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    I haven't broken anything on the street to the point where I couldn't get home since I had the ProCharger on. When I go to the track I bring a trailer. I don't care if you have an 8 second car or a 12 second car. Things break at the track. Plus I really enjoy the time savings by getting my car ready the night before. I cannot fit a spare set of tires in my Vette, so if I want to race with slicks I'd have to drive 50 miles on the expressway with them (not interested) or have someone else bring them to the track and then do a tire change (big time wasting pain in the ass). With the trailer I do the tire swap at home with power tools, load up the car, and I'm good to go. Plus its nice to be able to bring some extra odds and ends to the track in your tow rig.

I can put my street tires on and drive cross country. I've taken the Vette up north, etc.
    HI 5 Racing

Thread Information