Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Theater Room....ALMOST DONE!

Another thing you could do is acoustic wall panels. Theyre expensive, but you can make your own out of 1/2" ply and 1/2" closed cell foam. The Foam Factory on Hall Rd and Groesbeck has acoustic closed cell cheap. Once you attach the foam, you can get some cheap good looking cloth from Joanne Fabrics to make them presentable .
    '16 Fiesta ST

The complete set-up is amazing. I'm sure it's got to be the best place to watch a game of anyone I know of, that's for sure.

Great job and its nice to see all the hard work pay off!
    AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care
    www.autolavish.com

Read our Professional Detailing Articles Here

Like / Follow us on Facebook!

Got a Detailing or car care question? Ask us here!

Why does the baseball pic look 16:9 but your screen photo 4:3?

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Why does the baseball pic look 16:9 but your screen photo 4:3?
    I can change the screen resolution within the projector. I like watching 16:9 but needed the 4:3 screen to cover the big window which is behind the screen
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

Looks nice.

I am a college student and moving into a town house next year. Going to get a projector rather than a TV and I'm wondering, has anyone thought of buying a projector with a burnt out bulb and replacing it with an HID or a small LED-waffle? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbomb View Post
    Looks nice.

I am a college student and moving into a town house next year. Going to get a projector rather than a TV and I'm wondering, has anyone thought of buying a projector with a burnt out bulb and replacing it with an HID or a small LED-waffle? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.
    The hardest part about using a different bulb is making sure the current and voltage, as well as the socket are compatible with the projector. Just get a factory replacement and youll be safe. Another thing, since youre moving into a townhouse, put the theater in the basement. Youll have alot of unhappy neighbors if its anywhere else. I keep my HiFi in the basement at my place, and Im sure the people a few doors down can still hear it when I get a little too happy with the volume knob.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Fbomb View Post
    Looks nice.

Not to hi jack thread, I got a projector for sale cheap. Check out my for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The hardest part about using a different bulb is making sure the current and voltage, as well as the socket are compatible with the projector. Just get a factory replacement and youll be safe. Another thing, since youre moving into a townhouse, put the theater in the basement. Youll have alot of unhappy neighbors if its anywhere else. I keep my HiFi in the basement at my place, and Im sure the people a few doors down can still hear it when I get a little too happy with the volume knob.
    We're not going to have a huge sound system in our living room...apparently campus doesn't want anything in the basement because it's extra space "not paid for" and there could be problems if the furnace or water heater explode.

My plans for the bulb were to run it off of a 12v computer power supply on a separate switch than the projector. Pretty ghetto but it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by $uperstang View Post

Nice work Pete!!

Club Sponsor-ItsAllAboutTheSnuggie ItsAllAboutTheT&A's Avatar

Very very nice. How do you like the ceiling mounted surround sound speakers? Also, can the back row hear dialogue good with the center channel mounted that low? I'm just asking because I'm going to start on my home theater this spring and these were some issues that I wanted to ask someone with an actual setup like this.

Thread Information