Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Theater Room....ALMOST DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllAboutTheT&A View Post
    Very very nice. How do you like the ceiling mounted surround sound speakers? Also, can the back row hear dialogue good with the center channel mounted that low? I'm just asking because I'm going to start on my home theater this spring and these were some issues that I wanted to ask someone with an actual setup like this.
    If you get an acoustically transparent screen, mount the center channel directly behind the screen. Also, mount the rears to the walls...speakers are directional components. Mounted on the ceiling, theyll fire straight down. Depending on the seating positions, this can cut off a significant portion of the highs. Most speakers will lose the top 5KHz to 7KHz just from being 30* off axis. Think of it when you adjust an EQ or tone control to eliminate the upper frequencies. Generally, for a surround setup, and even stereo, you want the speakers pointing towards the listening positions. When the speakers arent positioned right, you get phase shifts which result in a very un-natural sound. Hope that helped a bit .

EDIT: Heres one for you. Im not sure which size you need, but this is the type of screen Im talking about. http://www.amazon.com/Accuscreen-800...5713238&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Tin; 01-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllAboutTheT&A View Post
    Very very nice. How do you like the ceiling mounted surround sound speakers? Also, can the back row hear dialogue good with the center channel mounted that low? I'm just asking because I'm going to start on my home theater this spring and these were some issues that I wanted to ask someone with an actual setup like this.
    I think it sounds great the way it is, however, if I had a room that allowed the rears to be mounted in the wall directly behind I would have done so. The center channel to me poses no issues it sounds fine in the back row but I'm not an audio expert either. the middle seat in the back row is where I always sit.
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

Badass Pete, congrats on getting the house all done
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    Badass Pete, congrats on getting the house all done
    Thanks dude
    1990 GT 25th Anny

how are them winders holdin up ? that dazzle stuff I put on them should keep em looking baller for at least a year
    2016 Fusion Titanium with a few things done

Quote Originally Posted by Pure84GTT View Post
    how are them winders holdin up ? that dazzle stuff I put on them should keep em looking baller for at least a year
    Looking good still, will have you guys come out and do it again next summer.

Thanks
    1990 GT 25th Anny

Your theater room looks great!!! I'd love to do something like that one day, nice work!

Edit: 1,000 posts only took me 4 years LOL!
    Last edited by JoeP.; 01-07-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thread Information