Thread: abs code B1234 mirror switch invalid

Forum Member

Default abs code B1234 mirror switch invalid

my abs light stays on so i changed the sensor in the rear diff,because that was the most common problem with the 03 mountaineers and also the easiest to change.well the abs light is still on so i went to autozone and he used an obd II scanner and the code was B1234.he couldn't find what it was so suggested to take it to the dealer.well i don't want to get gouged so does any body know what the code is.the internet says mirror switch invalid ! what the heck does that mean !!!! help !!!!

.I have no idea how he got a "B" code, that's a body systems code last I knew, they could only get generic "P" codes.

Anyway, ABS codes are "C" codes, Cxxxx.

P = powertrain.
    B = body.
    C = chassis.
    U = bus communications.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk.
    ASE Master Certified Technician

autozone scanners normally only get engine codes
    like dave said you are looking for a C code
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

C1234 wheel speed right front input signal missing. (C1233 is left front)

Do you have any wheel bearing "roar" while driving? I do quite a few of these at the dealership where the bad wheel bearing causes a larger than normal gap to the wheel speed sensor and sets a code. If there is no problem with the hub assembly, it may be a bad sensor, or damaged wiring to the sensor. Alot of the time rust builds up underneath the sensor and forces it away from it's mounting surface causing a large gap and poor signal, but when you go to remove the sensor to clean the rust the sensor can break...

FWI if you buy a new front hub assembly from the dealer, it comes with a new abs sensor also.

Forum Member

what does the roar sound like because it makes a noise but it sounds like the tires and they are toyo country.belle tire said they weren't going to be quiet.is there an easy way to check for the bearing ?

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
    what does the roar sound like because it makes a noise but it sounds like the tires and they are toyo country.belle tire said they weren't going to be quiet.is there an easy way to check for the bearing ?
    A worn wheel bearing will sound alot like choppy tires. I usually lift the vehicle and run it on the hoist, using a long screwdriver as a stethoscope and listen against the inside of the front steering knuckles for the source of the noise(use caution LOL!). If the bearing is worn enough, the front wheel will feel loose when it's raised off the ground. The rear bearings are just as big of a problem on these vehicles, so make sure and check them for noise too.

Also most times a wheel bearing will quite down when the vehicle is in a turn putting more force on the worn out bearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bottlefedford View Post
    Also most times a wheel bearing will quite down when the vehicle is in a turn putting more force on the worn out bearing...
    .actually, the bad bearing usually quiets down when it has less force on it, IE, unloaded, on the inside of the turn.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Thread Information