Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: My MM True Street entry. Post them up!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    Lol, I couldn't imagine what that feels like to drive.
    Honestly, its pretty boring. lol It makes power at such low rpm that it doesn't have that "hit" that we all know and love. The only real excitement is when it breaks the tires loose, because it happens so smoothly that it catches you off guard, especially on a damp freeway. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    That would be awesome!!!
    X2
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by standy View Post
    Honestly, its pretty boring. lol It makes power at such low rpm that it doesn't have that "hit" that we all know and love. The only real excitement is when it breaks the tires loose, because it happens so smoothly that it catches you off guard, especially on a damp freeway. hahaha
    I can imagine. It's got to move though when you hit it from a roll. Is there any speed you can get traction, or do you just have to moderate the traction via the accelerator pedal?

I can imagine. It's got to move though when you hit it from a roll. Is there any speed you can get traction, or do you just have to moderate the traction via the accelerator pedal?
    Traction isn't really an issue, because the truck is super heavy (like 6500-7000lbs), and it spools relatively slow unless I intentionally build boost by standing on the brakes. It's just a little unpredictable when the turbo finally lights if the roads are wet or cold. Leaving at the track is a different story, because I'm still trying to figure out what psi. to launch at. Too little, and it bogs because it falls under the turbo, too much and it blows the tires off, even in 4wd. Its only been down the track three times, and I will say that drag racing is much harder than it looks. Every time I have lined up, I pushed thru the second set of staging bulbs and had to back 'er up like a jackass. lol

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    That would be awesome!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    X2

I'm still around, reeling from kid number one and kid number two due in 6 weeks or so. Back surgery had me down last year but I hope/expect to be "ok" to drive the car this year.
    84 Mustang Coupe

Club Member

no clue how fast it is, but about 600bhp and no longer AWD. So it's quick on the highway.

Runflats, clutch replacement costs, and joy of speeds beyond 150mph = no plans to go to 1/4 mile track.

Nick

What, you mean Exedy doesn't make a $200 clutch kit for that car?
    How much weight was gained from deleting the front drive? How much power do you suspect was gained after the reduction? Im assuming that it has to feel different with less rotating mass, or am I thinking incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    no clue how fast it is, but about 600bhp and no longer AWD. So it's quick on the highway.

Runflats, clutch replacement costs, and joy of speeds beyond 150mph = no plans to go...

Nick
    We should all post up our rides that will not be participating... make this a megathread
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    We should all post up our rides that will not be participating... make this a megathread
    Until a date is set this whole thing is just fantasy bench racing. Pictures make it more fun!

Club Member

What, you mean Exedy doesn't make a $200 clutch kit for that car?
    How much weight was gained from deleting the front drive? How much power do you suspect was gained after the reduction? Im assuming that it has to feel different with less rotating mass, or am I thinking incorrectly?
    The clutch is a bitch in this car.
    Dropped 175lbs by dropping the AWD. It's significantly faster without AWD. It hangs with 600whp cars from a roll and makes things confusing the deeper into upper gears it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    I must have missed that part of the initial post.

Nick

Thread Information