Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i survived the Dragon (US131) twice (kinda funny)....and i got married!

Default So i survived the Dragon (US131) twice (kinda funny)....and i got married!

November 12 i got married the 13th we left for Bryson N.C. around 2 and got stuck in traffic a few times. My wife said "i got turn by turn directions to the cabin in the mountains". I said cool, and with the confusion of the wedding, having a pool party following the reception that went on till 5AM i was out of sorts. We left the hotel, came home and switched out luggage and i left without the Atlas.(something i never do) Well about half way there i asked her about the directions. She started looking and they were all from the south east and west, nothing from the north. The guy warned her not to use the GPS that it would not take us the right way. Well i figured i'm always up for a good adventure, and let the GPS show the way. I looked at the gas tank, and it said 1/4 tank. Being a brand new Fiesta i figured i had more than enough to make the final 70 miles or so. So i didn't think about hitting a station. After a few miles down a dark road i then realized it said 2+ hours travel time. This was about midnight, and the wife woke up and asked what i was doing on a unlit back road and no gas? I explained how there was no way i could go over 2 hours without seeing a station. Well i was wrong. After about 30 minutes the road turned into switchbacks. After her freaking out with me driving into the wee hours of the morning on about 4 hours sleep, and not being able to see past the hood and looking over the cliffs, we made it to our destination without a hitch! And about 2 gallons left in the tank! The road into the "Resort" was a whole nother issue! The Fiesta needed a running start to get up them, they were steep and gravel! But the place was beautiful. And i have to thank the engineers who put the hill decent option, without it i would have burned up some breaks. BTW i came back homeward through the Dragon, i wanted to see it in the daylight, since i now knew what it was, and people said it was a beautiful drive.

Now to the pictures.
    The Dragon!

The view from the cabin. It was a large Luxury log cabin, i'll have to get some pics later.

The wedding. i had two photographers there, one i hired, and one who was a guest and brought his camera. I can't wait to get them all together. This is from the one i hired.

90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

The wedding and reception was in the same place. My wife did the decorations herself and bought almost nothing from the florist. Smartest thing i did was hire someone to set them up, and take them down and store them till i got back. Noone had to worry about the hall, just go back to the pool and party!
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

congrats pics look bad ass

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Looks like a great time, great location and great pics. Congrats!
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Thank you, sir! Everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Cool and Congrats

THe Wife and I

Our 5 year old

The shoes she made for the wedding!
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

very nice , CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice and Congrats.

Went to the dragon last fall, that area is beautiful.
    -Tom
    14 f150
    54 Corvette
    84 Ramcharger
    82 GMC S15

Quote Originally Posted by SSunset View Post
    Very nice and Congrats.

Went to the dragon last fall, that area is beautiful.
    During the daylight, when i know what to expect, yes it is. We took a few trips through the mountains. One started sunny and 55, at the top was 28 and snowing, ten minutes later sunny and 45. Awesome area. I have more pics once we get them transfered to teh computer i'll post. I didn't want to come home. Wasnt for family i would consider relocating.
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Thread Information