Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Experts!! question???

Forum Member

Default Ebay Experts!! question???

I sold a car on E-bay and I am having it shipped to another state. The guy who bought the car did not come see it, nor ask any questions what so ever about the car, just bid on it and won. He sent a deposit via Paypal and told me he was going to send me a certified check in the mail for the rest + shipping. I have never even talked to this guy yet he is sending me a large sum of money in the mail. Does this sound weird at all? He asked me if I would write on the title that he paid alot less (to avoid taxes I would guess). am I being to worried or does this not sound right. ??

only thing I can say for certain, write the actual amount sold for on the title. Save your ass

Forum Member

thats what I was thinking too.

yep. definitely write the correct amount it was sold for.. make sure you cover your ass

Ok if he pay paled the deposit my cant he pay pal the rest whats his feed back? Id be worried about a scam or ask to talk to the guy on the phone to covet your ass

Forum Member

I asked him to send the rest via certified check to avoid Paypal fees but he must be real trustworthy to send a large sum of money to someone without ever talking to them. (not that I am going to screw the guy but come on)

Youll want to call the bank the check is drawn off of and verify the funds are legit before you even deposit it to your account. If you deposit it, and it turns up bad, youll get a returned check fee. Once its confirmed legit, deposit it and let it clear before you take any further action.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

I should be able to just cash it right?

Quote Originally Posted by KWIK123 View Post
    I should be able to just cash it right?
    NO. Never just cash it. Deposit it and let it clear first. If you just cash it, ship the car, and a week later the check comes back bad, guess whos responsible to recover the money?
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Good point. I don't usually sell cars over the internet so I am a little nervous

Thread Information