Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: chrysler hiring questions?

I had 2 offers from Chrysler last year, both of which they would not budge on vacation time, and were even shady about it. It was unbelievable. This was not some college grad or entry level position for someone with just a few yrs experience. I explained that and said I already have over 3 weeks vaca at GM, and I wouldn't have to be in a different country every day at my current job as I would with their offer. They said 2 weeks is standard for all (so when Nardelli came in he was given 2 weeks vacation? No answer on that one. I know the answer anyway) and that I could buy an additional week, which wasn't true. Reading the HR book with the offer, it indicates you cannot do this in your first year with the company. When I asked the HR rep dealing with me about this they played dumb and said, "It says that?". YOU WROTE THE RULES! Don't act like you don't know! I told them to eat it and never call me again, shady pricks. 3 weeks vaca for a high level position is nothing. Ford and GM were much more willing to work on salary/vaca compensation than those nazis. To be fair it seemed HR was the problem, but still, be prepared. Best of luck with your new job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    well I got an offer today for a production position,i also got an offer yesterday for a maintanence position at gm hamtramack plant but its for a third party contractor and pays more? what do you think
    take the direct hire chrysler position. contractors are treated like shit.

they just hired like 25 SBU temp guys last week at the tech center.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage View Post
    I had 2 offers from Chrysler last year, both of which they would not budge on vacation time, and were even shady about it. It was unbelievable. This was not some college grad or entry level position for someone with just a few yrs experience. I explained that and said I already have over 3 weeks vaca at GM, and I wouldn't have to be in a different country every day at my current job as I would with their offer. They said 2 weeks is standard for all (so when Nardelli came in he was given 2 weeks vacation? No answer on that one. I know the answer anyway) and that I could buy an additional week, which wasn't true. Reading the HR book with the offer, it indicates you cannot do this in your first year with the company. When I asked the HR rep dealing with me about this they played dumb and said, "It says that?". YOU WROTE THE RULES! Don't act like you don't know! I told them to eat it and never call me again, shady pricks. 3 weeks vaca for a high level position is nothing. Ford and GM were much more willing to work on salary/vaca compensation than those nazis. To be fair it seemed HR was the problem, but still, be prepared. Best of luck with your new job.
    lol.....just....LOL.
    Proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage View Post
    I've heard they are a lot different now cause they are having trouble finding good people

I still have not heard back. I am giving up on them. It just really puzzles me because the last email I got was positive....oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by 2492harrison View Post
    I've heard they are a lot different now cause they are having trouble finding good people
    That very well could be true. You're always going to have trouble retaining/attracting top notch talent with sub par benefits (10 days max vaca in this case). My last offer from them was in September, so just a few months ago. Who knows, maybe enough of us said blow me and turned down offers to warrant some change for the better there since then. It is still mind boggling to me that a company would think anyone that already has a job with 3 weeks+ vaca would deem it worthwhile to jump ship and go through the rigors of acclimating to a new company for 1 weeks less vaca. Who cares what the new salary is when you have no time to spend the money you make? Not worth it to me, I barely get to see my family as it is with my current vaca allotment.

Thread Information