Thread: 9" Disc brake setup on a 8.8

Default 9" Disc brake setup on a 8.8

I have a semi built 8.8 in my car right now and picked up a set Aerospace components rear disc setup off of a friend, But they are for a 9" ford rear axle. His is a 8.8 but they had welded 9" axle end plates on it, The question is how hard is it to do this? I can weld well and am not concerned about that part of it, I am worried about getting the spacing right.. If anyone has done this or know how to do it im looking for pointers.

If you do 9" housings ends you would go with 9" bolt in axles. Its basically a matter of cutting off old ends setting rearend up in a jig and welding the new ends.

Yes I have already bought the new housing ends.. So do i set up a jig with the 8.8 specs?

Did you catch the part where he said you will need NEW axles? you cant just weld on the 9inch ends and put your original axles back in. they are completely different.
    You might be able to get with aerospace and get the brackets you need, to use the brakes with your setup.
    check with them.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by btracecars View Post
    Did you catch the part where he said you will need NEW axles? you cant just weld on the 9inch ends and put your original axles back in. they are completely different.
    You might be able to get with aerospace and get the brackets you need, to use the brakes with your setup.
    check with them.
    good luck.
    To do that he will also need the hats from the rotors...they are different from 8.8 to 9. And the brackets as you mention.

This is a shortend 8.8 with 8.8 axle shafts and 9" axle ends.. This is the kit I just bought off of a friend and this is his axle.. So how did he do it then?

Thread Information