Thread: Building suspension help...Team Z...

Default Building suspension help...Team Z...

I'm in the process of building my entire suspension setup right now and I'm looking for some advice overall. Over all, here is what the entire setup will be:

• 98% street, 2% strip car
    • Full interior 1993 LX Hatchback, no a/c, WITH power steering
    • 302, Aluminum heads, T-5, 3.73's
    • 295/50/16 M/T ET Street II on the rear
    • 245/45/17 front
    • Team Z chromoly k-member and a-arms
    • 3000-3200 lbs?
    • Strange 10 ways front and rear, c/c plates

Future plans for the car is a single turbo kit, pushing no more than 450-500 HP at the HIGHEST end with no plans to ever exceed that.

I'm looking to finish the front end and do the rear also at this time, so thats where I need some ideas on what to finish it up with. So here is what I need some advice on what way to go with:

Front coil overs, what height and spring rate? For the rear, I think the anti-roll bar is overkill as it won't be a high horsepower car, and will be mostly the street the entire time. I would like to retain the factory sway bar for drive-ability (should I?). I was looking at the double adjustable lower control arms, and just the conventional upper control arms with spherical bushings. I believe the upper control arms with relocation brackets, while a nice setup, again are over kill for what my goals with the car are.

I appreciate the help, and look forward to ordering from Dave and getting this car finished.

Quote Originally Posted by 89-LX View Post
    I'm in the process of building my entire suspension setup right now and I'm looking for some advice overall. Over all, here is what the entire setup will be:

• 98% street, 2% strip car
    • Full interior 1993 LX Hatchback, no a/c, WITH power steering
    • 302, Aluminum heads, T-5, 3.73's
    • 295/50/16 M/T ET Street II on the rear
    • 245/45/17 front
    • Team Z chromoly k-member and a-arms
    • 3000-3200 lbs?
    • Strange 10 ways front and rear, c/c plates

Future plans for the car is a single turbo kit, pushing no more than 450-500 HP at the HIGHEST end with no plans to ever exceed that.

I'm looking to finish the front end and do the rear also at this time, so thats where I need some ideas on what to finish it up with. So here is what I need some advice on what way to go with:

Front coil overs, what height and spring rate? For the rear, I think the anti-roll bar is overkill as it won't be a high horsepower car, and will be mostly the street the entire time. I would like to retain the factory sway bar for drive-ability (should I?). I was looking at the double adjustable lower control arms, and just the conventional upper control arms with spherical bushings. I believe the upper control arms with relocation brackets, while a nice setup, again are over kill for what my goals with the car are.

I appreciate the help, and look forward to ordering from Dave and getting this car finished.
    Call Dave at the shop. If you're buying from him, he will answer all of these questions.

one thing to think about, how much street driving are you going to be doing? If you're gonna put some miles on it and freeway drive it, i would look into standard springs versus coil overs. ALot of street miles can be hard on the coil over set ups. Also i would keep the rear sway bar, and not do antiroll bar if your goal is mostly street. I'm pretty sure dave has a lower to keep the sway bar (no sway bar on DBL ADJ) and they would be over kill for your set up anyway. IMPO.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Thread Information