Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cost: Moly 10 point vrs 25.5? in a fox

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Default Cost: Moly 10 point vrs 25.5? in a fox

Is there a huge diference in cost having a shop do 25.5 vrs a 10 point in moly..

This is for a fox body so pretty generic stuff, it is a ladder bar car and has 2x3 frame rails & all the tin work done. I would remove anything and prep the car as much as possible based on chassis shop request.

Whats the ballpark cost on both?

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Forum Member

$2000-$2500 for a quality 10 pt that certs to 8.50 versus probably $5000-$5500 for a quality 25.5. Only being ballpark figures for both, could be more or slightly less.

I had a moly 10pt installed by Diamond Race Cars in Ohio (Waterville) for$1500 cash. The fit was the best I have seen, and the quality of the welds and work done was second to none. Very good people to work with and car was done in less than two weeks. I did have all the prep work done for them by the time they got the car though.

Quote Originally Posted by red347lx View Post
    I had a moly 10pt installed by Diamond Race Cars in Ohio (Waterville) for$1500 cash. The fit was the best I have seen, and the quality of the welds and work done was second to none. Very good people to work with and car was done in less than two weeks. I did have all the prep work done for them by the time they got the car though.
    x2 my 25.5 cage,bars and other things have been done by dan. would refer anyone to him. excelent pricing to

They will be doing another one for me very soon too. I wouldnt go back if Iwasnt completely satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
    x2 my 25.5 cage,bars and other things have been done by dan. would refer anyone to him. excelent pricing to

Thanks guys, gunna shoot him a call today!!!

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Let us know when you get it back. Im sure you will be happy.

I would Start with a S&W chromoly kit.

Did you give them a call?

Quote Originally Posted by red347lx View Post
    Did you give them a call?
    Yup, When I do the cage hes doing it for me. I just bought a house so everything went on the back burner for a month till after closing. Going to get the chassis wrapped up here once house is finalized then try and find a engine for it.. Have my eyes on a co-owner power-plant possibly just to get it out and have some fun.

Thread Information