Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cost: Moly 10 point vrs 25.5? in a fox

They have little to no overhead to run that shop. It's ran by someone who loves what he does and is very capable of building some bad ass chassis'. He only has one employee and they are quick at getting cars in and out without cutting corners. Thier reputation is second to none by people who have gotten work done there. I know they have done work for a couple all motor cars local here as well.QUOTE=Fryguy302;2579874]Looks great. Please post good pics when you can. Seems like that shop is like 50% what the others charge somehow.[/QUOTE]

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    Looks great. Please post good pics when you can. Seems like that shop is like 50% what the others charge somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by red347lx View Post
    They have little to no overhead to run that shop. It's ran by someone who loves what he does and is very capable of building some bad ass chassis'. He only has one employee and they are quick at getting cars in and out without cutting corners. Thier reputation is second to none by people who have gotten work done there. I know they have done work for a couple all motor cars local here as well.QUOTE=Fryguy302;2579874]Looks great. Please post good pics when you can. Seems like that shop is like 50% what the others charge somehow.
    Yup seeing as he does all the work out his shop/barn that is right next to his house he has a low overhead compared to a large scale operation. He's a good guy and like you said very passionate about his work. I sat and bullshitted with him for about a hour last night when I picked the car up, talking old race car stories, how he got started etc, it was nice to have work done on my stuff an then be able to sit down and shoot the shit with a guy you barley know. He is very personable and I feel that goes along ways in today's world/business! Oh and he's fast as hell, he only had the car 15 days and he took a order for a dragster the day i dropped my car off and the damn thing was almost completely fab'd sitting on the table tacked together plus he told me he work on a few other cars an they had come and gone in the time he had mine.

I've already told him I'll be back, when the car needs updates its going to him and any thing I build in the future that involves a shop he's going to get the work.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    Yup seeing as he does all the work out his shop/barn that is right next to his house he has a low overhead compared to a large scale operation. He's a good guy and like you said very passionate about his work. I sat and bullshitted with him for about a hour last night when I picked the car up, talking old race car stories, how he got started etc, it was nice to have work done on my stuff an then be able to sit down and shoot the shit with a guy you barley know. He is very personable and I feel that goes along ways in today's world/business! Oh and he's fast as hell, he only had the car 15 days and he took a order for a dragster the day i dropped my car off and the damn thing was almost completely fab'd sitting on the table tacked together plus he told me he work on a few other cars an they had come and gone in the time he had mine.

I've already told him I'll be back, when the car needs updates its going to him and any thing I build in the future that involves a shop he's going to get the work.
    I second that!!!

Dan updated my car (25.5) over the summer and did a great job with short turn a round time. He's called a few times since just to check in and BS as well. Great stand up guy that does A1 work.
    Street Legal Motorsport, LLC

Turbocharged S10
    LSX Mustang

Turbocharged S10
    LSX Mustang

Roach!!

Roach!!
    Are you the one that owns it now?

Turbocharged S10
    LSX Mustang

but its still a roach!
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetlegal1234 View Post
    Are you the one that owns it now?

but its still a roach!
    yep, small roach with some big HP..... When you going to give me the rest of the money so I can go buy Bandits white vette that he just put up for sale.....

Turbocharged S10
    LSX Mustang

I'll be over this weekend.
    yep, small roach with some big HP..... When you going to give me the rest of the money so I can go buy Bandits white vette that he just put up for sale.....

Besides that, It has an LS motor in it! It cant be that fast.

Thread Information