Thread: 90 GT super low, bouncy and irritating to drive... what to buy?

Forum Member

Default 90 GT super low, bouncy and irritating to drive... what to buy?

Basically I have a 90 gt thats way too low, and super bouncy; painful to drive over a small stick. Trying to figure out what I need. Was told springs should do the trick, but wondering if anything else should be changed too. Was thinking of >>>THIS<<< Anyone familiar with those? Looking for a decent ride height, but comfortable on the street. Feel free to chime in with stuff youre selling. Thanks. As always, +rep for helpful or funny replies

That seems like a great price for a complete setup. I cant comment on the ride quality but anything with lowering springs is gonna be kinda stiff, usually that is the point of dropping something down though is a stiffer better handling setup. Put airbags on it, that should smooth it out..

Ive got a pair of those struts gr-2's NIB
    Last edited by 79cobra; 05-28-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Coil springs are only a partial fix. Define bouncy, can you go outside the car and push down on the front and back end and does it oscillate fairly easy (no damping, need new f&r struts/shocks). Or is the ride stiff or harsh, and there is not much suspension travel - alot of times when UCA/LCA bushings go bad or if you go to spherical bushings or even polyurethane bushings all around, you feel the road input alot more - that is the tradeoff for going to a stiffer suspension.
    The only way around, is through

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by monster. View Post
    Coil springs are only a partial fix. Define bouncy, can you go outside the car and push down on the front and back end and does it oscillate fairly easy (no damping, need new f&r struts/shocks). Or is the ride stiff or harsh, and there is not much suspension travel - alot of times when UCA/LCA bushings go bad or if you go to spherical bushings or even polyurethane bushings all around, you feel the road input alot more - that is the tradeoff for going to a stiffer suspension.
    Previous owner put lowering springs and heated em. Very harsh. Might just sell the car, but if I keep it, this will be the first thing changed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MAKE SURE the rest of your suspension is in good shape. Bushings, upper strut bearings, etc.
    I have those KYB's on my '88. Should be a good match for those springs. Probably better than my Eibach Pro-Lines!!
    I've bought lots of stuff from those guys. It's all been decent.
    I have a pair of NEW "stock" ride height springs for a Fox. I'll let them go for a Hundy, then you can buy the struts from 79Cobra, and save some cash...

Thread Information