Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 600+ rwhp

Default 600+ rwhp

I am looking to make some upgrades this year to my car and was thinkin about some Trickflow heads,TEA heads, or making it a stroker. The engine in question is a 4.6 2v with a 2.6 kenne bell @20psi on 110 octane. It makes 560's to the tires now. Anyone have any recommendations? What would be better and why?

Why not just swap to E-85 and up the boost?

--Joe

I considered E-85 but I can only get about 6psi more out of my blower. Think it would still be safe? How musch more would 6psi get me roughly?

Quote Originally Posted by KENNEBELL2.6 View Post
    I considered E-85 but I can only get about 6psi more out of my blower. Think it would still be safe? How musch more would 6psi get me roughly?
    Depends if you can control the heat......but the E-85 will help that. No reason why 5-6psi more from a twin screw won't result in 50-75hp by itself.

--Joe

Seems to be the problem right no is the heat. It is a huge seat of the pants difference after you jump on the car a few times and get it warm vs the first or second time you hit it. I asked Lidio about e85 and he seemed to think it was a good idea. What if I were to put heads on it. I think it would lose boost but I could swap the pulley and get it back to 20psi. Any idea what that might do ot am I thinking of this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KENNEBELL2.6 View Post
    Seems to be the problem right no is the heat. It is a huge seat of the pants difference after you jump on the car a few times and get it warm vs the first or second time you hit it. I asked Lidio about e85 and he seemed to think it was a good idea. What if I were to put heads on it. I think it would lose boost but I could swap the pulley and get it back to 20psi. Any idea what that might do ot am I thinking of this wrong?
    Pounds of boost are irrelevant, it is just a number. If you put on heads that should increase flow so yes your boost number will drop but that doesn't mean you lost performance.

If heat is hurting you now then address that first before trying to turn the wick up. I don't know what you can get a set of heads swapped for but I would think changing to E-85 is much cheaper even if you do need more pump or injector.

--Joe

I think I will switch to e-85 but that alone probably wont do much if anything other than cost less at the pump. Im sure I will need a pump and injectors though. Id consider the heads too if they will make a noticeable difference. AS for the heat I dont know what more I can do other than a larger heat exchanger.

Forum Member

Upgrade the heat exchanger, larger capacity tank, and meth for those hot ass summer days. Or go with a killer chiller.

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    Upgrade the heat exchanger, larger capacity tank, and meth for those hot ass summer days. Or go with a killer chiller.
    Larger capacity tank is the biggest thing here.....

E-85 will cost less per gallon, but the millage return is less so it ends up costing you more.
    Brian
    87 GN

Thread Information