Thread: SN-95 vs. Fox struts

Default SN-95 vs. Fox struts

I'm putting together an 89 Mustang. I've acquired a 97 with Strange struts, AJE K member, Team Z arms, and a Steeda bumpsteer kit. The struts and bumpsteer kits between sn95 and Fox have different part #s, I know the 95 strut is longer. I'm wondering if these parts are different because of taller spindles or different thread or taper on the ball joints. So basically if I use SN95 spindles on my 89 can I use the SN95 struts and bumpsteer kit? Any help will be appreciated.Also which year SN95 spindles should I use? Thanks.

The struts won't work the K frame might the A arms will probably stick out to0 far though. And you want 94-95 spindles the 96-98's are longer I believe.

I ran 1" shorter A arms from TeamZ on my 94 mustang looks much better to me.
    No More Projects

Forum Member

The 94-95 spindles keep the stock track width up front, 96+ push the wheel out 8mm on each side. Struts I believe you can, but they are longer, many sn95 people use fox struts when their car has been lowered.

I put 95 spindles on my 87 when doing the 5 lug conversion, and kept fox struts in there.

Thanks. I guess I'll attempt to put it together and see what happens.

i ran the sn 95 k member, struts and spindles and used the early a arms to bring in everything also used flaming river manual rack from sn95 just cut 1/2 inch off each end worked great ..

I thought the K member bolt patterns were slightly different.. Maybe that fox k member didn't bolt to my sn95 for some other reason ????? Curious if I am the only that ever had this problem now.

I should add that it was on my 96 gt.
    Licensed and Insured Plumber

Fox, 94 95, and 96-04 have different mounting pads/bolt placement.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

94-95 spindles widen the track width 5mm on a fox. The 96-04 sindles widen them an additional 8mm for a total of 13mm over a stock fox. I've used both on fox bodies and both are fine with 17X8 30mm offset wheels and 245 tires. The 94-95 spindles did allow the wheels to rub on the K-frame on a full lock turn though. The 96-04's didn't.

All 79-04 Mustangs have the same mounting points for the main K-frame bolts at the shock tower. The 96-04 K-frames however are for a 4.6L engine so the engine mounts welded to the K-frame are different. The 94-95 K-frame will work in a fox with a 5.0L though.

For fox's, stick with fox control arms. 94-04 arms will push the wheels and tires out wayyyyy past the fenders. If you run 94+ spindles on the fox, buy a 94+ balljoint so you don't need the washers under the balljoint nut to space the cotter pin up.

Thread Information