Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the most mainstream cars the most exciting?

Default Are the most mainstream cars the most exciting?

This is a short discussion about how we can become numb to the cars that are seen all over the internet or in person all the time. What are your thoughts on this?

Chris

That intro is fucking amazing. I give you much credit for putting that up. It will catch heat, which means it will likely catch viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

My rebuttal to the main question... "Are the most mainstream cars the most exciting?"

That's prolly one of the most exciting cars ever made. Its just not as pretty.

I friend of mine makes these on the eastside.

Last edited by 347convert; 08-10-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    That intro is fucking amazing. I give you much credit for putting that up. It will catch heat, which means it will likely catch viewers.
    Thank you! And that's exactly right - if people are getting into arguments over what I said, then I did something right.

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    My rebuttal to the main question... "Are the most mainstream cars the most exciting?"

That's prolly one of the most exciting cars ever made. Its just not as pretty.

I friend of mine makes these on the eastside.

Actually, the Ariel Atom is a good example because although it's mainstream, you don't see them in person (or the internet) that often. I actually would have to disagree about the looks though, I love the way the Atom looks.

Chris

The atoms looks great, its just a work of utility and not a work of art.

This. LMFAO!
    Good god I just realized I idolize MSU's program.

I will add two more worthless cents.

There's this really great old song by LCD Soundsystem called Losing My Edge that plays like an homage to how things that started off as being cool eventually escalated into set pieces for a never ending contest into who could drop the most obscure names and be into the most seminal and ancient and often unheard of music.

There's definitely dudes trying to do that with cars now. The net nerds have taken it up a notch. If you're really into some obscure 1970s or 1980s supercar, more power to you. If you're just into it because you know one of the 5 guys with some silly looking car nobody bought that would get blown off the road by a modern Taurus, lame.

I will add two more worthless cents.

There's this really great old song by LCD Soundsystem called Losing My Edge that plays like an homage to how things that started off as being cool eventually escalated into set pieces for a never ending contest into who could drop the most obscure names and be into the most seminal and ancient and often unheard of music.

There's definitely dudes trying to do that with cars now. The net nerds have taken it up a notch. If you're really into some obscure 1970s or 1980s supercar, more power to you. If you're just into it because you know one of the 5 guys with some silly looking car nobody bought that would get blown off the road by a modern Taurus, lame.
    Man I love me some weird 70's and 80's cars but I could just never own um for that reason.

I love these kinda of cars, but the performance numbers are so laughable to today's standards.

You can make fun of me all you want, but im going to look at a mint one of these and see if I can make it my new summer daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    You can make fun of me all you want, but im going to look at a mint one of these and see if I can make it my new summer daily driver.

That guy goes to my gym. Or did before they closed it last week. Never figured out who he was.

Thread Information