Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fish Aquarium thread.. Who's got um?

Default Fish Aquarium thread.. Who's got um?

What kinda set up? what kinda fish? what kinda coral? Fresh water or salt water?

Ive got a decent setup, just a 55gal long salt water, looking to jump to a 24"x24"x48"

Tomato Clown
    Chalk Basslet
    Valentini Puffer
    Green Spot Puffer
    and a Blue Damsel

For coral

There is some sea grass, pulsing xenia, cabbage leathers, some buttons and some mushrooms.

I also have some small frags if someone wanted to trade some frags.

I will get back into the hobby someday...back about 15 years ago I was into it. I kept mostly small and medium Central and South American Cichlids.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Last tank I had was a 55 gallon long with a brown flathead catfish and a blue Channel catfish. They were both actually pretty cool fish to own, pretty aggressive. The flathead could eat 20 gold fish at one sitting. I'll have to dig up some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Last tank I had was a 55 gallon long with a brown flathead catfish and a blue Channel catfish. They were both actually pretty cool fish to own, pretty aggressive. The flathead could eat 20 gold fish at one sitting. I'll have to dig up some pictures.
    We have had Channel catfish as well, also Bluegill and Large mouth bass....they make good aquarium fish and you can release them into a lake when they get to big.

I just gave away a 100gal with a home made stand. I found a bunch of driftwood planks then I bolted a few 2x4's together then screwed & glued the planks on the sides/back. Came out badass. Too funny I had an Albino channel catfish.

Quote Originally Posted by webleedorange619 View Post
    We have had Channel catfish as well, also Bluegill and Large mouth bass....they make good aquarium fish and you can release them into a lake when they get to big.
    Awesome. My tank wan't big enough to keep a large mouth or anything else, plus the flat head was super aggressive. I'd love to have a huge tank with a "Michigan" lakes theme to it.

I used to breed alot of cichlids back in the day; Red Devils, Dempseys, Midas Cichlids, Jaguar Cichlids, Texas Blues, and Chanchitos. What are some good fish stores these days? I always used to deal with Greenwoods and Kees...but Greenwoods has gone WAY downhill since I was into the hobby. I stopped in there a few months back and nothing is taken care of anymore, very small selection of fish and equipment, etc. Nothing but a shell of its former self.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Tropical fish pond Royal oak

I used to have a salt tank. RBTA + mated black & white ocellaris clowns looked awesome! Too many corals to name.

Forum Member

I've got a 75gal African Cichlid tank. Several breeding pairs, Red Empresses, Peacocks, a few others.

I also have a 24gal BioCube tank that I use as a grow out tank for fry, but I'm thinking about converting it to a small saltwater tank to try out the whole salt thing.

-Rob

Thread Information