Thread: Door gap adjustment?

Default Door gap adjustment?

Hey guys, looking for a little guidance here. I had some seam rot on the bottom of the extended cab door of my 2002 Silverado, so I found a replacement door. Once I swapped it all over and got it on the truck, I'm not all that happy with the door gap, particularly toward the rear of the door. The body line down the middle of the door is off by about 1/4 inch in relation to the cab, and the gap at the bottom between the door and rocker is wider than it should be toward the rear of the door. I know (well, I'm assuming) that the hinges are not adjustable, but is there a trick to adjusting the door by removing/adding material to the hinge pin bushing to get the correct gaps? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by standy; 08-26-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Im not sure about the chevys but the striker may be adjustable, also are you sure the door pin bushings arnt worn out?

If its a repo door it's probably just a bad stamping(and poor quality and fit)

The bushings don't appear to be worn, as there is no movement, and they aren't out of round. The striker and latches are adjustable, but they don't seem to have an affect on the position, as far as the vertical positioning of the door at the rear is concerned.
    This is an OEM door, but I know every vehicle is a little different- I'm just hoping that there is a trick that I don't know about to get it all lined up.
    Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen!

Banned

For adjusting the door panel firstly check the position of the door panels. Normally door panels are flush with one another in the open position. In case of its closed state the door panels have been overlaped with the door frames and the door panels upto 18mm normally.

Shop Fronts
    Last edited by taylor23; 01-28-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Thread Information