Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rear end pinion angle?

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Ok. You win. :-)

Prostock/promod chassis and stock suspension is the exact same thing!

Thanks for the lesson!

I had to edit, my other comments, it's not worth my time.

Please set up a stock suspension, small tire car the same way as a prostock car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    in the real world pinion angle does effect traction(do to IC) cause 99% of the world isnt going to cut the brackets off to adjust PA without changing anything else

Every ladder bar and four link non production car you have to weld the f'in brackets on, so yes everyone does weld them on. Shit Skinny Kid and I'm pretty sure Dave sell new weld on brackets for the mustangs just for this reason. So if ya want to set-up a car right and it work then yea that has to happen.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Ok. You win. :-)

Prostock/promod chassis and stock suspension is the exact same thing!

Thanks for the lesson!

I had to edit, my other comments, it's not worth my time.

Please set up a stock suspension, small tire car the same way as a pro stock car.

Oh an here's another really good article about pinion angle and chassis tuning on a bracket car. no pro mods just your weekend warrior stuff, yet its all the same as pro mod in tech.

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories...roving-hook-2/
    Last edited by igotaneed4speed; 09-11-2012 at 08:20 AM.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

in the real world pinion angle does effect traction(do to IC) cause 99% of the world isnt going to cut the brackets off to adjust PA without changing anything else

Pinion angle is a measurement not a set point, the change in control arm length is what changed the instant center, the control arm length change also caused the change in pinion angle. Pinion angle does not dictate IC, control arm length, angle does in a 4 link.

This thread needs to be brought back up.

I wrote this
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWANNABE View Post
    Really? Pinion angle has no effect? You sure about that?
    And you give me negative rep and call me an idiot...
    Thread: rear end pinion angle?
    Your an Idiot! - Derrick aka I gotaneed4speed

Please tell me your current or past setup and what kind of numbers you had especially the short numbers. Make sure all of the specifics are listed to all of them.

me too
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I wrote this

Please tell me your current or past setup and what kind of numbers you had especially the short numbers. Make sure all of the specifics are listed to all of them.

I sure did and still stand my ground on it. You posted a smart ass response to my about opinion on the measurement of pinion angle, you gave no factual data or any sort of information to back up your theory. You simply posted a your wrong, I'm right, comment an bailed on the thread until you realized I left you neg rep and called you a idiot. Now your back, asking me to prove my side of the debate yet you haven't shown shit to support your side of it. All you've done is say "Are you sure" implying I'm wrong and your right.

If you read thru the thread I have researched my side of it and posted lots of factual writings/data proving and supporting it. What have you done other than say I'm wrong and then get butt hurt when I call you a idiot. Now you want me to once again prove my side when you still haven't shown any sort of information supporting your side.

How about if your so right prove me wrong, if your so sure of yourself please post up something other smart ass comments showing any sort of information supporting your side. I will gladly change my views if someone shows and proves me in the wrong. I'm the first to swallow my pride and own up when I'm wrong or I don't know, then I do my best to learn from it for future. I think that's how education works, right?

I have nothing significant to post, I've honestly never kept a car long enough to have anything worth while. The red car I built in 09' I raced at one No ET the sold it a few weeks later, best 60' out of that was a 1.41 if my memory serves me right, it had issues lacking a anti roll bar make it leave a lil jacked up. I will gladly do a documented write up on the new car that's going together now although it is a back half ladder bar car not a SS mustang or leaf spring car. I think Anthony would classify it as a promod and say its not relevant. Oh and I left him negative rep and call him a idiot as well for the same reasons, saying I'm wrong yet not taking anytime to prove yourselves correct.

me too
    Sure Did.

Funny he called you an idiot but spelled the word "you're" wrong.

--Joe

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post

--Joe
    lol, true story. +1

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post

--Joe
    Lol
    That was my return neg rep to him
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    I sure did and still stand my ground on it. You posted a smart ass response to my about opinion on the measurement of pinion angle, you gave no factual data or any sort of information to back up your theory. You simply posted a your wrong, I'm right, comment an bailed on the thread until you realized I left you neg rep and called you a idiot. Now your back, asking me to prove my side of the debate yet you haven't shown shit to support your side of it. All you've done is say "Are you sure" implying I'm wrong and your right.

If you read thru the thread I have researched my side of it and posted lots of factual writings/data proving and supporting it. What have you done other than say I'm wrong and then get butt hurt when I call you a idiot. Now you want me to once again prove my side when you still haven't shown any sort of information supporting your side.

How about if your so right prove me wrong, if your so sure of yourself please post up something other smart ass comments showing any sort of information supporting your side. I will gladly change my views if someone shows and proves me in the wrong. I'm the first to swallow my pride and own up when I'm wrong or I don't know, then I do my best to learn from it for future. I think that's how education works, right?

I have nothing significant to post, I've honestly never kept a car long enough to have anything worth while. The red car I built in 09' I raced at one No ET the sold it a few weeks later, best 60' out of that was a 1.41 if my memory serves me right, it had issues lacking a anti roll bar make it leave a lil jacked up. I will gladly do a documented write up on the new car that's going together now although it is a back half ladder bar car not a SS mustang or leaf spring car. I think Anthony would classify it as a promod and say its not relevant. Oh and I left him negative rep and call him a idiot as well for the same reasons, saying I'm wrong yet not taking anytime to prove yourselves correct.
    Well I won't name call, and my first reply was to a pretty vague post by you. I showed up to check on the the thread last night, and this was 4 days after you called me an idiot, not only after you called me an idiot. The reason I didn't add anything else is only because I am quite busy with family and work right now. It takes a little more time to post a well thought out answer and explanation compared to a copy and paste link fest.

Give me the rest of today and I will try to put together a well thought out answer.

Thread Information