Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In-car from Grattan Raceway 9-9-2012

Getting started is a piece of cake. I put in a good brake fluid and fresh brake pads before my first event.
    I started with a one day event at Mid-Ohio earlier this season. I had a ball.
    Since then I've done four track days at Grattan and two at Gingerman.
    After doing a few track days I decided to buy a set of race pads (Cobalt), race seat/six point harness and a few other safety related items.
    With road-racing it's not about huge horsepower .. It's about maintaining power in turns. It's really a ball!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Forum Member

Let's get it straight, this activity (for insurance purposes) IS NOT RACING. It is high performance driver education, please!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 88RedLX View Post
    I got hooked in 1995 at Shelby Club event at Road America. Went with a buddy who ended up knowing the guys there from Cleveland Engine who were running an A-Sedan '93 Cobra R...and we both got rides. It was the best 20 minute roller coaster ride with engine/exhaust noise to boot.
    Open tracking is addicting...and rarely has any of the big mouth/small-minded bullsh#t that I see at the drag strip nearly every time I'm there.
    Big mouth/small minded add short attention span bullsh*t. Lol

Successfully getting a car to turn and brake properly lap after lap is the rush for me. No more of that premature......nevermind.

I've only been doing this for about two years, but you don't have to have a race-prepped machine to have a blast. My first time was in a Ford Contour...

Some resources:

3Balls website - http://www.3ballsracing.com/index.ph...page&Itemid=12

https://autointerests.com/

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...ent_type_id=21
    I never wanted to get married, I got married. Never wanted kids, I have 2 of them. Why the hell am I here?

Cool. One of these days I'll get down to VIR here in Virginia, I hear it's an awesome track.
    -Tom
    14 f150
    54 Corvette
    84 Ramcharger
    82 GMC S15

I made it out to the Grattan event earlier this year and loved riding along with Matt and Jay. I went home and got the helmet on order before I flew out on business. I had really wanted to run the Sept. event at Grattan, but my work schedule has been hectic all summer. I doubt I make it out there before next year. Being on the west side of the state now, it's nice to be close to both Gingerman and Grattan (less than an hour to both). I've run a few autocross events before, but this is a totally different (and much better) experience overall.

Thread Information