Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Supercharge or not...that's the question

Default To Supercharge or not...that's the question

I've been thinking of installing a Paxton Supercharger over the winter, the only thing is right now the compression is a little high for that.
    Money on pistons/cam/supercharger, or NOs ?
    best et so far is 9.97 @ 129.8 1.42 60'

http://youtu.be/IybXorTCirg

http://youtu.be/swiJnq0RjkA

How much compression does it have? And are you thinking Injected or Carb'd?

Quote Originally Posted by x-bred1 View Post
    How much compression does it have? And are you thinking Injected or Carb'd?
    compression is 13:1 I was thinking the blow through carb design. But I'd really like to keep it simple, I'm not sure how muck work is involved with maintaining a supercharged set up. I might be at my limits with the current combination, I thought a supercharger might get me the extra two or three tenths I'm looking for, but I know it's a domino effect...plus I'd rather race it than work on it...dragracers are never happy.

Take it from a guy with two supercharged.........well now only one supercharged car. Put a bottle on it and be done. Superchargers do make awesome power, but belts suck! I'm putting a turbo on my car for just that reason. I played the belt slip game for so many years.
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    Take it from a guy with two supercharged.........well now only one supercharged car. Put a bottle on it and be done. Superchargers do make awesome power, but belts suck! I'm putting a turbo on my car for just that reason. I played the belt slip game for so many years.
    Now you tell me.......................

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

Leave the compression where it is and, turbo that thing!

In all fairness you can make a belt sure charger work with time and patients… But in hindsight after doing this and now having a turbo.. I would flat out pick turbo right from the get go…Its way more consistent and way easier on parts…

what turbo, brand, manufacturer should I look into...I'm sure there's not a simple bolt on kit, or is there? I can cut, weld and grind if I need to. I seen a ton of cars at the track with turbo's and they are impressive, but all have one thing in common, they're bolted on EFI cars, I wonder how a carburator application would fare, I don't have much room for an intercooler. Dumb question because I don't know...is there a need for a trans brake anymore to launch a turbo car?

Juice or turbos. Blowers belt problems suck. I switched from a blower to turbos years ago .. No looking back.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Juice or turbos. Blowers belt problems suck. I switched from a blower to turbos years ago .. No looking back.
    you definitely have less room than I do too, might need to join the bandwagon for sure.

Thread Information