Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Supercharge or not...that's the question

First go efi then put a bw s480 on it! you will never look back

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by 9secCosworth View Post
    what turbo, brand, manufacturer should I look into...I'm sure there's not a simple bolt on kit, or is there? I can cut, weld and grind if I need to. I seen a ton of cars at the track with turbo's and they are impressive, but all have one thing in common, they're bolted on EFI cars, I wonder how a carburator application would fare, I don't have much room for an intercooler. Dumb question because I don't know...is there a need for a trans brake anymore to launch a turbo car?
    EFI is the way to go on a turbo car, you can drive it like a stock car then, lay into it with out worries. Blow through isn't worth it in my opinion, the time and money in getting a good blow through and having it tuned is just to much for me to not lean towards efi.

Intercoolers can fit, do you want air to air or liquid to air? Both are easily fit into almost anything. The trick is, getting a good core.

You don't need a transbrake with smaller turbos but, fun turbos, a brake will help bring it up faster and harder than just foot braking it could do.

As for brand and size, that is more up to what you want the car to do. At least the size side of it. I'm partial to Forced Performance but, I run smaller stuff but, they will make you what ever you want. They use Mitsubishi and Garret parts.

Thread Information