Thread: caltrac monoleaf set up...gains?

Default caltrac monoleaf set up...gains?

Hi Guys

I am changing over to a monoleaf caltrac set up on my 1969 Bee. This is a step up from my stock leaf springs and pinion snubber. Thus far, the previous best I was able to manage on the set up was a 60 foot time of around 1.898, this was with pinched leaf springs, 295 65 15 Et Drag radials and the pinion snubber. What can I expect for gains with the change up, once I get it dialed in? dropping into the low 1.7's would be huge for me!

Thoughts?
    Mike

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Toss a set of super stock springs on it with the longer front hangers & keep the snubber. My 70 Coronet with a high winding N/A 383 used to run real low 12's with a 1.6 short time with that setup. It also had a 4.56 gear and a 8 1/2" converter, but it left hard.
    Last edited by DRAG-ULA; 10-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

I didn't realize you already got the caltracs. A buddy of mine swapped over to those on an A body cuda and picked up a tenth and a half over the super stock springs, and it's also a lot more consistent with them. It's a high nine second car, before the monoleafs he was going 10.0's.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thanks Drag-ula,

Test will be in the puddin' if it doesn't rain this weekend at Byron. I got them set at lower hole 2 turns of preload. Hopefully, I pick up some 60' foot

Mike

caltracs are the shit for a leafspring car my old 67 camaro had a 275 it would blow the tires off at the hit after the caltracs it would weelstand had to back off the preload from where i had set it to start cant give ya 60 times it was about 10 yrs ago but it picked up 3 tenths in the 1/4

My boys dart goes 8.50 with them they work well

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

What about caltracs with stock leaf packs? I've heard stuff about caltracs only wanting to work with mono leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by bb429power View Post
    What about caltracs with stock leaf packs? I've heard stuff about caltracs only wanting to work with mono leafs.
    We have a set on stock leaf packs, they work fantastic. Both wheels up, consistant 60's.

ALso, to teh OP take the pre load out. We started neutral, and glad we did, it probly woulda headed for the bumper. Hi 9 Sec, NA car. Might be different for you, but i always start no pre load.
    90 Red Fox Notch factory short block on 175Sold
    02 GMC Sierra 2500 ECLB Passsing everything but a gas station
    98 Cavalier 2.2 rusty but trusty
    www.SKUNKRACING.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99slverZ View Post
    I will do actual slave labor for $25/hr. Literally I will wear a loin cloth and you can whip me for that kind of money.

Thread Information