Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NOBOOST and Sidewayscoupe at Milan Dragway 11/17/2012

Thx, its got a 2.9 Whipple, Kooks and misc supporting mods.

What do you have done to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ctgreddy View Post
    sounds great, Almost thought somebody stole my car and had it out there, looks exactly the same. What's all done to the cobra?
    HI 5 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post

How do you like the 2.9?? Considering one for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by webleedorange619 View Post
    How do you like the 2.9?? Considering one for mine.
    I like it a lot.

I have some fuel system upgrades I need to make before I can take full advantage of it.

Did you drive your car much this year?
    HI 5 Racing

I like it a lot.

I have some fuel system upgrades I need to make before I can take full advantage of it.

Did you drive your car much this year?
    Nope only took it out a few times, I was super busy with an internship and school. Hopefully I will have it out a lot more this year. I think with the 2.9 in my set up it should make for a fun 9 second ride.

Forum Member

Very nice! Mine doesn't have too much, bolt ons, port, and a straight axle. I got a 11.4@123 a month or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by webleedorange619 View Post
    Nope only took it out a few times, I was super busy with an internship and school. Hopefully I will have it out a lot more this year. I think with the 2.9 in my set up it should make for a fun 9 second ride.
    Makes sense to focus on school now, the car shit can always wait.

Your car would be ridiculous with a 2.9 on it.

Make sure to hit me up in the spring when you roll out.
    HI 5 Racing

Very nice! Mine doesn't have too much, bolt ons, port, and a straight axle. I got a 11.4@123 a month or so ago.
    Sounds like a well working combo. 11.4 at 123 is solid for a eaton car. It amazes how fast people get these cars to go with stock long blocks.

From what I read/see online my shit should go a lot faster than it does.... I might focus on going a little faster next year (just don't want to break it)....
    HI 5 Racing

Forum Member

Sounds like a well working combo. 11.4 at 123 is solid for a eaton car. It amazes how fast people get these cars to go with stock long blocks.

From what I read/see online my shit should go a lot faster than it does.... I might focus on going a little faster next year (just don't want to break it)....
    I dont think you'll have to worry about breaking it, not the engine anyways. I did my straight axle swap, and am currently working on a 26spline/better clutch upgrade so i'll have most of my weak links worked out. I'm also contemplating on a 75-100 shot on top of it, dont want to really drop 3+ grand on a blower upgrade, but man i was close to pulling the trigger on the 0% interest for a year sale that the tvs was going for.

I would imagine your car would be faster, but what's your weight at? and assuming you're running dr's on the rear there's a big room for improvement there. When i ran my best time it was on 28x11.5x15 slicks and my car weighs around 3500lbs with me in it.

The TVS is a bad bitch, I got a smoking deal on my 2.9 and couldn't pass it up otherwise I would have went with the TVS.

It seems like the eaton cars REALLY like spray, I would just be leery of running it with a 6 speed.

The car is 3850 with me in it (per Milan's scales). Fat dude in FULL weight tank.

I had my little (26") Nittos on it the last trip to the track, I knew that I was gonna run out of gear with them on. I usually run a 28" drag radial on it. 127.7 is the best mph so far (95 degree heat).

I have yet to put a slick on it, guess I should look into it more.

I dont think you'll have to worry about breaking it, not the engine anyways. I did my straight axle swap, and am currently working on a 26spline/better clutch upgrade so i'll have most of my weak links worked out. I'm also contemplating on a 75-100 shot on top of it, dont want to really drop 3+ grand on a blower upgrade, but man i was close to pulling the trigger on the 0% interest for a year sale that the tvs was going for.

I would imagine your car would be faster, but what's your weight at? and assuming you're running dr's on the rear there's a big room for improvement there. When i ran my best time it was on 28x11.5x15 slicks and my car weighs around 3500lbs with me in it.
    HI 5 Racing

Makes sense to focus on school now, the car shit can always wait.

Your car would be ridiculous with a 2.9 on it.

Make sure to hit me up in the spring when you roll out.
    Yep, I graduate in 2 weeks so i should have plenty of time to mess with the car! What did you do for fuel.

Thread Information