Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black bear hunt scare. Holy crap my pants!

We used to have black bear wander into our camp when I was at Boy Scout summer camp in NY (Sabbatis) . Dads used to leave peanuts out for them so they could get pictures (pillars of responsibility). We had a cub that climbed the tree we had some cobbler (in Dutch ovens) hanging from. That freaked the dads out since we didn't know where Mama was. 16 kids got piled into my Dads 77 Scout while they secured the area. We still laugh about that one. Those bears where fat/lazy bears that lived at the dump, so loud noises like whistles and banging pots would get them to loaf away. They were not hungry, so much less aggressive. As a 12 year old the first couple of times they freak you out, but I never got used to it. After a few years we became the elder kids and would get a kick out of how freaked out the younger noobs get. We just hid our fear better

My bro was sitting on his back deck a few years ago just chilling out and a black bear came wandering through his yard he first thought it was a Newfoundland, he didn't want to believe his eyes. He lives in a subdivision surrounded by subdivisions, so the bear was well out of his normal territory. He got a phone pic of it. Crazy..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Wow! That's definitely a moment they will never forget. If that were not filmed, nobody would believe it.

And since we are sharing stories, I had a bear circle my tent multiple times at 4:30 am in the U.P. I attempted to call DNR but my phone didn't have service. I damn near had a heart attack. After close to 15 minutes a fellow campers dog started to bark and the bear went tromping back into the woods. This happened August 2008.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I have 40acres in Houghton lake and never seen a bear in the woods till a few years ago, I was up there deer hunting with my bow and walked onto one of our food plots and there was a bear sitting there like 50yrds away. Scared the shit rt out of me. It's not like a grizzly but a #200 black bear would mess u up.

Never saw a bear in person, and i plan to keep it that way lol
    crazy shit in the video, one of those situations, you cant say what you'd do without being in it
    BadCompanyRacing
    Kicked it old school. 1986 mustang hatchback. sbc 1 kit ss 28s

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 05cesrt View Post
    shit a 7mm will put a big ass moose down! and a bear.
    It's all about energy. The higher velocity of the 7mm more than makes up for the lighter mass of the projectile. Not to mention the 7mm is more efficient down range (maintains its velocity better) and therefore the energy is more consistent. Pistol cartridges are good at close range, but fall off quickly.

It's a bit of apples and oranges.

I have property in the U.P and have seen many black bears but never that close... I would have shit he would have smelled it then I would have had a heart attack....lol
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.” - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information