Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: '94 Firebird formula

Oh yeah do you have a 2 step installed?! I bet it will be a riot with 4.10's and sticky tires.

a friend runs a studded/cammed 5.3 with an 88mm snail. 20lbs of boost blow through carb on C16.. It has to be north of 900hp and has lived a few seasons so far.. I see that in your future!!!
    Last edited by AutoRoc; 12-06-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelinbubba View Post
    now you can beat on it lol
    finally!!!

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Oh yeah do you have a 2 step installed?! I bet it will be a riot with 4.10's and sticky tires.

a friend runs a studded/cammed 5.3 with an 88mm snail. 20lbs of boost blow through carb on C16.. It has to be north of 900hp and has lived a few seasons so far.. I see that in your future!!!
    No two-step yet, but it's in the works. Going to start collecting turbo stuff next year as the rear end has drained the race car fund for this winter.

Nice hardware. I too have 2.73s so I understand your pain.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

It's been a quiet summer for the shitbird I've been throwing parts at what I think is an electrical issue. I took the car to work one day and out of nowhere it started to completely lose power for a split second. The gauges would all drop to zero and it would buck like it lost all power for a split second. Ended up making it to work but as I pulled into the parking lot the car just shut off. It would crank but not fire, and the pump was not making any priming sounds. I had it towed home and rewired the fuel pump with an aftermarket relay and all new (bigger) wiring. It fired right up but died again on the test drive I got it back home and tried bypassing the fuel pump trigger wire to see if that was the cause, still doing it. I've also replaced the crank angle sensor, plugs, and wires but still nothing.

The wiring in my car has always been a nightmare so i've finally bit the bullet and bought a new swap harness from BP-Automotive last week so HOPEFULLY that fixes the issue, but at this point i'm not to confident. The SES light flickers on for a split second randomly while driving but the car is not giving me any codes to work with so i'm just throwing money at it at this point.

Check all the ground connections really well.
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    We have become a country afraid to celebrate our American pride because the immigrants and whiners that complain. We as a nation should embrace our country. Those that don't like it GET THE F*CK OUT!

I've done that. Prior to this my tach has been acting up (bounces randomly, video below), while trying to figure that out I was told to check grounds. I only had one (from the block, splitting to the battery and the chassis)after doing the swap and it was fine for a couple years before the issue started. I pulled that one off and cleaned everything up, and also added two more from the alt bracket to the chassis, and the pass head to the chassis.

After adding the one from the pass head to chassis is when the car started doing the things mentioned in the above post. I don't know if the ground caused something else to freak out, or if it's coincidence that it happened the next time I drove it. It's got a full tank of new gas too.

Idle bounce issue i'm also having. when driving it shoots all the way from zero to the top of the gauge.
    https://youtu.be/d9ggj-5EZv0

Wow! Awesome project!

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Got the Quick performance 9" rear end and BP Automotive wiring harness in. Also had the heads milled a little to help with the power loss from the rear end. Also threw in the SJM ABS delete and line lock too. The numbers aren't too impressive but going to 4.11 gears should make it feel like a different car. Picked it up last week, is it spring yet?

image0.jpeg
    image1.jpeg

https://youtu.be/inNVSgR8X7c

I like it!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information