Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: '94 Firebird formula

Noob question: with a 99-03 5.3l, are there any limiting factors to how aggressive of a cam I can run? I want the vengeance racing annihilator cam but with a stock motor I didn't know if it would be too much. Will probably end up with a stock LS6 intake setup.

vengeanceracing.net/index.php/1998-2002-ls1-fbody/cylinder-heads-valvetrain/camshafts/vengeance-spec-custom-camshafts/venngeance-racing-annihilator-camshaft-239-251-624-624-113-2.html

I would also do the dual valve springs with Ti retainers, hardened push rods, and the 3 bolt cam gear at the same time.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkybs View Post
    Noob question: with a 99-03 5.3l, are there any limiting factors to how aggressive of a cam I can run? I want the vengeance racing annihilator cam but with a stock motor I didn't know if it would be too much. Will probably end up with a stock LS6 intake setup.

vengeanceracing.net/index.php/1998-2002-ls1-fbody/cylinder-heads-valvetrain/camshafts/vengeance-spec-custom-camshafts/venngeance-racing-annihilator-camshaft-239-251-624-624-113-2.html

I would also do the dual valve springs with Ti retainers, hardened push rods, and the 3 bolt cam gear at the same time.
    Those heads (706,853 etc) peak out in flow around 0.525-0.550" if not less. That cam has a lot more lift than the heads can take advantage of. If you want a big duration cam, go with one of the GMPP stage cams. Long duration with lower lift. They were developed for road racing and are very easy on springs, you can run comp918's or even the Blue gmpp springs. There is one with stupid big exhaust duration that I would stay away from unless you were running open headers. But iirc the stage 2 cam is about a big as I would run with those heads.

Just my opinion though. If you want more power, go to a set of 243 or 799 casting heads. These still fall off over 550 lift without porting, but out of the box they make more power than the older heads.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

i plan to do heads down the road, probably not this winter but the next. unfortunately this is going to be a slow moving project due to lack of money flow into the project car fund.

so pretty much it would just not be maximizing the cams potential until i put some heads on it? i don't really want to put in a smaller cam in if that means i'd have to upgrade later. it sounds like a lot of people think that for your money the GMPP cams leave a lot to be desired. overall goal is in the 450-500whp range on motor.

Well look what finally showed up! Only 7 weeks late!

Wheels! Finally the ones I wanted. 17x11s

I'm digging this project! Something that's kinda fast, but built to corner!

Also I'm fairly certain I saw this car in Jackson not long ago. Did you add the stickers next to the plate or were they in there? That's what I remember most.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

Thanks!! its no fun going fast if you have to slow down to corner lol.

The stickers by the plate are gone now, and as long as i've owned the car it hasn't gone to jackson.

if i can't find some r-comps for a decent price i might just get a street friendly tire for them. i really want to use these as my primary wheels. i hate rolling around on stock wheels when i have these in the garage.

Ready for WW Friday night!

Dropped my car off to my friends business, Antilag Racing, over the weekend to have a wet nitrous kit installed. I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out! It is much cleaner than I expected and without it being pointed out most won't even know it's there. All the solenoids are hidden in the wiper cowl. They also put in a 255 fuel pump for me as we'll and made a badass kevlar cover for the fuel pump trap door. i'll be spraying a 100 shot on my LT and once i swap my 5.3 in probably spray that as well.

Last edited by chunkybs; 10-14-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thread Information