Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6 point cage ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    Good luck with the build. That car will be ready for that cage.
    Thanks man! I sure hope so, that's the goal anyhow. Now if finances would just co-operate.

Quote Originally Posted by black88coupe
    Had my side bars solid mounted and it was no big deal at all. Drove it almost daily
    It's great to hear all you guys say this, so if I can still drive it I won't have any issues :-)

Completely hijacking Injcted's thread. I'm beginning to think you guys that said the non swing outs weren't an issue had ALOT longer legs than me! Granted I just roughly laid the things in there against the hoop close to where the door bar would need to be to be legal, but squeezing between the bar, seat, and steering wheel doesn't seem like it's going to be a treat at all with the seat as far forward as I need to not miss gears when racing. I also notice with the seat that far forward it kind of cuts across my seat too. Time for race seats! I dunno, I'm sure I'll figure out more this weekend when I get a chance to really start fitting it, not just placing it in.

for the door bars to be legal entry for a street car is a pain. my door bars are no where near legal but nobody has said anything. of coarse its only a 6pt roll bar. if it was a 10pt cage they probably would
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    for the door bars to be legal entry for a street car is a pain. my door bars are no where near legal but nobody has said anything. of coarse its only a 6pt roll bar. if it was a 10pt cage they probably would
    Ah ha, so how far lower (I'm asuming) than your elbow are yours?

Seardenie and Black88coupe, are your bars legal or or they the drop down bars? Do they pass between your elbow and shoulder?

Since this is going to be a car that sees organized events I have full intentions of being legal, so I guess I'm screwed unless I compromise rigidity and use swing-outs, or at least one on my side .

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
    Ah ha, so how far lower (I'm asuming) than your elbow are yours?

Seardenie and Black88coupe, are your bars legal or or they the drop down bars? Do they pass between your elbow and shoulder?

Since this is going to be a car that sees organized events I have full intentions of being legal, so I guess I'm screwed unless I compromise rigidity and use swing-outs, or at least one on my side .
    Mine are legal. I'll try and take a picture later tonight. I never thought about the height thing. I'm 6'1" and my seat is all the way back.

depends on your fatness and car too i guess, lol.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by sardeanie View Post
    Mine are legal. I'll try and take a picture later tonight. I never thought about the height thing. I'm 6'1" and my seat is all the way back.
    ahhh, yea, I'm only 5'8" and when racing I cram that seat up as far as I can, it really helps you hit your gears! I could see how if the seat were back further it would be easier for sure. It would probably be easier if the car had tilt too. Don't sweat the pics, like I said, I just wedged it in there now, haven't even trimmed anything yet so don't get crazy if things don't look quite right here. I was just antsy in the pantsy to see how it kinda fit....

101_0665.JPG

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

I'm 5' 10". My 93 hatch also had tilt steering. My side bar was straight with no bends and went from the upper corner of the seat back straight down to the torque box where the floor pan meets the firewall. The doorbar would also push against the armrest a little when the door was shut. To get in I just kinda slid over the doorbar and plopped into the seat. To get out I kinda would roll over the side bar. Once you did it a few times it was no biggie. My wife could even get in/ out with a dress on with almost zero complaining.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

It's great to hear all you guys say this, so if I can still drive it I won't have any issues :-)
    Just depends on your tolerance level. I would do it again with no problem. And I'm also about 30lbs heavier now. LOL

That's about what mine looked like.

Thread Information